question on coffee card

Yes at café Promenade but not at the free standing starbucks.

On Anthem last week. Lady had the coffee card and they had just changed the policy. Small 1 punch Med 2 punch and large 3 punch. she was upset because she had been on a month ago and it was 1 punch for 1 coffee. She was mad because it cost her more to get a large coffee with the card than it would have without. I watched them charge people 1, 2 or 3 punch all week. warning them when they ordered. So I don't think it was mistake.

Yes at café Promenade but not at the free standing starbucks.

On Anthem last week. Lady had the coffee card and they had just changed the policy. Small 1 punch Med 2 punch and large 3 punch. she was upset because she had been on a month ago and it was 1 punch for 1 coffee. She was mad because it cost her more to get a large coffee with the card than it would have without. I watched them charge people 1, 2 or 3 punch all week. warning them when they ordered. So I don't think it was mistake.

I agree. This policy would no longer make it worth it. Since there is no deal to buy ahead of time, I will buy on board. It was one punch per beverage in November.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On Anthem last week. Lady had the coffee card and they had just changed the policy.

Small 1 punch Med 2 punch and large 3 punch. she was upset because she had been on a month ago and it was 1 punch for 1 coffee. She was mad because it cost her more to get a large coffee with the card than it would have without. I watched them charge people 1, 2 or 3 punch all week. warning them when they ordered. So I don't think it was mistake.

Terrible change in policy and I will no longer buy the coffee card.

Terrible change in policy and I will no longer buy the coffee card.

I would wait and buy the card on the ship after you ask about the policy because the above post makes no sense at all. Anthem only has two coffee sizes, not three, you can see the menu in LouTheGlue's review from last week. There is no way they would charge more for a coffee with punches than they do if you just buy with your sea pass card. No one in their right mind would put up with a policy like that.

There was another thread about the coffee card a little while ago. A few people asked different RCL customer service contacts (web, phone, facebook) and what came back is that each punch represents a shot of espresso. So if you have a drink with 2 shots of espresso (such as a medium potentially) it will count as two shots. At the time of the thread (sorry can't find it right now) it seemed some ships were following the official policy and some ships weren't. Wouldn't be surprised if head office has stepped in and told ships to enforce the official policy. That being said it wouldn't hurt to ask on the ship what their policy is. Bottom line is don't buy the card ahead of time.

On Oasis a couple weeks ago it was one punch for whatever you wanted. They had iced drinks including a really good coconut latte type thing, but I didn't see any frozen drinks on the menu. In fact the menu board had various things removed, covered up, and replaced, to the point where there were only 2 or 3 things on the iced/cold menu.