8 for dinner

SailinCin

We are travelling in a group of 8. Will we have any trouble getting dinner tables together. Any suggestions on reservations? Also, any word yet on Shore Excursions for the Sun, Guatamala, Santa Tomas de Castella?

We are travelling in a group of 8. Will we have any trouble getting dinner tables together. Any suggestions on reservations? Also, any word yet on Shore Excursions for the Sun, Guatamala, Santa Tomas de Castella?

i wanna know it too.we are group of 8 as well going on Spirit

My suggestion, talk to the head waiter as soon as you board the ship. The biggest problem you will have; either you are going to have to decide in advance what time you want to eat and what dining room or you will have a longer than normal wait as most tables are set up for 2-6 people. If you plan on trying any of the specialty restaurants, again, make reservation the first day as soon as boarding. These are just my ideas, others may be able to offer more alternatives. NMnita

Our group of 12 just got off the Sun....we talked to someone at the reception desk or reservation desk (can't remember which) and made reservations every night for the Seven Seas. They always told us we would have to sit at two tables of six, but when we arrived they always had a table for the twelve of us. Also, they limit you on when you can reserve...IIRC, the two reservation times were 6:00 and 8:30. We always ate at 6.

We just returned from The Majesty. We had exactly 8 people in our group for dinner every night. My dad is in a wheelchair (not sure if that made any difference) and we preferred table #1 because we didn't feel he was in the way there. We spoke to the hostess, Toni, and arranged a fixed dinner reservation at 9:00 PM every evening in the Seven Seas dining room. Wonderful hostess, wonderful waiters, wonderful food. Also it was a lot less crowded at that time. The only downside was that sometimes we almost felt as if they were "closing up" around us. But it did give us their undivided attention.

Archived