If you like carnival, do you read other lines forums?

geckoaz

I do read other threads of interest for other cruise lines. I am just one year into sailing as a passenger, and prefer to sail from my home port of Long Beach. Next year I am traveling for the first time for a cruise. I wanted to sail a new ship, and Horizon is sailing from Barcelona which has cheap nonstop flights from LAX. Carnival is less expensive than other lines, which I like since I don't feel like I should shell out for a pillow mint and a bud vase flower.

As far as concentrating on the Caribbean that is only the Carnival branded ships. The Carnival Corporation owns ships in every major market, and at various price points. What remains the same I believe is the friendliness and service from the staff. I look forward to CCL moving into the Chinese market with new ships. One thing that market will not suffer is less than delicious food on board. A journey from Shanghai to Singapore seem like a good use of vacation time.

You mentioned just having one year as a passenger. Have you worked on cruise lines??

Yes, I do read other cruise line forums especially Disney, Royal Caribbean (we have cruised a few times on both of them) and we're thinking about expanding our cruising horizons to add Celebrity, Princess, Holland America and Norwegian so I read those forums from time to time, especially for ship reviews from other passengers.

I read and post on other forums (we don't stick to just Carnival - though it is one of my favourite lines). I will mention Carnival on other boards where it's relevant - not to bash the other lines but often to correct some misinformation.