Early Saver and Carnival's latest sale - Triple Play Sale

lego7191

Carnival's latest sale - Triple Play Sale - offers on-board credit. Triple Play sale claims offer is only good on new bookings. If the Early Saver Rate was booked a few months ago, and this price and on board credit is better than the Early Saver rate we booked a few months ago, can we still get the price reduction and on-board credit even if it isays it's only good for new bookings? I thought that was the purpose of the ES rate - to qualify for and get the lowest/best deal anytime the rates adjust. Thanks!

Carnival's latest sale - Triple Play Sale - offers on-board credit. Triple Play sale claims offer is only good on new bookings. If the Early Saver Rate was booked a few months ago, and this price and on board credit is better than the Early Saver rate we booked a few months ago, can we still get the price reduction and on-board credit even if it isays it's only good for new bookings? I thought that was the purpose of the ES rate - to qualify for and get the lowest/best deal anytime the rates adjust. Thanks!

I haven't looked at it but is it a guarantee rate where Carnival picks your cabin?

Nope. You get to select your own cabin. So it qualifies right? That blip about it only being applicable to new sailings is just their standard language. Otherwise, Early Saver would never get any price drops because every sale says it's only applicable to new sailings, right? You'd think I have done this enough to not be second-guessing if we qualify for this price change, but for some reason, since I read the terms of this rate, it has me questioning if I am reading it right.

I found the triple play through your benefits. So If i have early saver and I see the triple play price is the same I could move up a deck and get $50. OBC. If I take it will I still get the benefit of early saver and be able to use it if the price drops later? if the price does drop later with out OBC will I still get the OBC?

I found the triple play through your benefits. So If i have early saver and I see the triple play price is the same I could move up a deck and get $50. OBC. If I take it will I still get the benefit of early saver and be able to use it if the price drops later? if the price does drop later with out OBC will I still get the OBC?

The only time you will lose ES is if you price match to a guarantee rate. It's one and done at that point.

If the new rate later on you price match to does not offer $50 OBC then you will lose it. It doesn't follow you as it's part of that specific rate. So you would need to make sure the new rate was more than $50 less to be worth it. Hope I explained it OK.

I am Early Saver, ocean view with a $50 obc. There was a rate drop on balcony rooms. I upgraded to a balcony but lost my obc as that was not in the offer I upgraded to. There are 4 of us in the room, the upgrade only cost a total of $190!

Add in my loss of the $50 for a total of $240 more for a balcony room. That comes down to $60 pp as there are 4 of us in the room. I found the great rate so my cruise compadres are each going to by me a drink for my loss of the original obc. That will help offset my personal loss of the $50 obc but honestly, for $60 a piece to go from window to balcony? The bow before me for my incessant checking of rate drops!

An interesting note, the day I found that amazing price for the balcony and booked it, the prices had increased by that evening on the same day.