MBNA rewards- too late/how to redeem?

jana616

We have been using our RCCL MBNA Visa like crazy this year, and on our next statement will be over 10,000 points (but we won't receive that until mid December, even though the points have been accumulated as of today). We cruise on 1/22. How do I redeem the points, and is it too late? I thought I had read that if you receive the vouchers too late but have the voucher numbers (or something?) you can still use those to get the credits. I am hoping for 2 $50 credits. Any advice would be great!

There's no way because your final payment will be due before you could possibly redeem them. But, if there was time, I believe you can see the points on line before you receive your statement, or even try calling MBNA to see if they are credited yet. I did receive mine in about 10 days from the time I ordered them, but then they have to be filled in and sent in to RCCL, so all that needs to happen BEFORE your final payment is due.

I would suggest you just keep on using your card and let your points build (they're good for 5 years), and you'll have an even better benefit next time. We've used our card for EVERYTHING (including groceries, gas, etc.) and paid it off at the end of the month, and we just cashed in 100,000 points for 2 $500 certificates off our February cruise.

Call as soon as your account is billed. MBNA will tell you that it takes 6 to 8 weeks to get your certificates, but I usually have mine in under 2 weeks. Once you have them, fill out the certificates, copy them and send the originals to the RCCL address on the certificate by registered mail.

I have not tried this, but according to the Crown and Anchor Society, you will receive the credit as long as they have the certificate numbers prior to sailing and agree to mail them the certifcates. Therefore, if you do not recieve the certificates by then end of the 1st week in January, I would suggest that you call MBNA and ask for the certficate numbers and then call the numbers into the Crown and Anchor Society.

If you are getting onboard credit (which it sounds like you are), you can do it after final payment.

We cruised 10/21 and I called with less than a month before sailing, got my certs in less than two weeks, and mailed them out right away. ( I would not recommend cutting it that close if you can help it!!!)

Like someone suggested, keep an eye on your account online, and the day that those credits hit your acct, call the # for redeeming points. Explain when you are sailing and find out how long it will take to get the certs and then make sure you mail them back as soon as you get them. (making copies for yourself so you have the #s)

I requested my coupons AFTER my final payment. In fact, I made the final payment with my MBNA RCCL card, which gave me the pts I needed for another $50 coupon. I called MBNA, they shipped them and they arrived in a week. I called RCCL, gave them the numbers on the coupons and they applied them immediately. They asked that I them mail them to RCCL. Credit was on my acct when I got on the ship.

You can get onboard credit after final payment is made. I did.

MBNA told me I would have my certificates within 7 to 10 days and they came in the mail on day 9. I called C&A and asked them to notate our account that the certificates were on their way. I then filled out the certificates, made a photocopy (front & back), and immediately mailed them in. The following week I called C&A to verify that they had received them, which they had. I am taking my copies with me just in case I don't see the credit on our account by day 2.

I would call MBNA today and find out if you can request the certificates now, even before they bill. If they can't you may be able to get the first $50 certificate now and the second $50 once they bill you (ask the closing date of the stmt and call that day - don't wait for the paper bill). I would mention that your sailing date is close.

Happy sailing.

I requested my coupons AFTER my final payment. In fact, I made the final payment with my MBNA RCCL card, which gave me the pts I needed for another $50 coupon. I called MBNA, they shipped them and they arrived in a week. I called RCCL, gave them the numbers on the coupons and they applied them immediately. They asked that I them mail them to RCCL. Credit was on my acct when I got on the ship.

That's good to know. I wonder if it only works on on-board credit, or if I redeem $ off a cruise coupon after I've made final payment, will I get a refund? I'll have to check that out.

The day my statement hit online I called and got a $1000 off cruise certificate sent out for our Monarch cruise. Don't wait to get the statement in the mail just keep watching online for the statement to close then call and order the certificates.

Never heard of not being able to post credits after final payment.

BonVoyage

Dawna

• 2 weeks later...

We sail on the Brilliance on Jan. 2, so of course, our final payment has been made. Our VISA account closed on 11/22. I requested a $150 voucher the next day on the phone. It arrived in 7 days. I mailed it, after making a copy, immediately to the Kansas address. Yesterday, a $150 credit appeared on our VISA card. Just another example of how you can still use your points after final payment.

There's no way because your final payment will be due before you could possibly redeem them. But, if there was time, I believe you can see the points on line before you receive your statement, or even try calling MBNA to see if they are credited yet. I did receive mine in about 10 days from the time I ordered them, but then they have to be filled in and sent in to RCCL, so all that needs to happen BEFORE your final payment is due.

I would suggest you just keep on using your card and let your points build (they're good for 5 years), and you'll have an even better benefit next time. We've used our card for EVERYTHING (including groceries, gas, etc.) and paid it off at the end of the month, and we just cashed in 100,000 points for 2 $500 certificates off our February cruise.

What does final payment have to do with this?

in September we paid our Trancanal off & got over 10K points. So I used them for $100 onboard credit. Celebrity verified it 2 weeks beforethe cruise. We get onboard, 4 days later the credits show up & no VISA! A week later they tell me it was applied to our 5/20 sailing. I tell them it is verified 2 weeks before the cruise to be here. They state we are sailing so no changes.

So be sure to have copies of everything you expect to prove to them you are owed it.

Archived