Best Princess cruise?

A&Jfamily

Star Princess- South America - Antarctica in 2010

Excellent weather, fabulous shore excursions. Falkland Islands, Antarctica, Ushuaia- all of it was simply wonderful

Took my 7 yr old son and left my 2 yr old twins home with my spouse- it was a great trip for just the 2 of us to spend time after 2 years of twins craziness at home :-)

trip would not have been what it was without cruise critic and the roll call. we booked at about 5 weeks out and the roll call was so kind and caring to catch me up on their years of planning.

only regret is that I didn't have a month off to go- would have loved to have gone to Iguazu falls

my all time best and most fun cruise was on the Royal Princess approx. 3 or 4 years ago when we went from Copenhagen, Denmark to New York City. The ports were fabulous, the ship was relatively new and the activities staff was superb. We had so much fun and would love to do it again. But we notice it no longer included Iceland.

Our favorite Princess Cruise was the 2008 World Cruise on the Pacific Princess. It was our gift to ourselves for out 40th wedding anniversary. We had a great time. JJ King was the cruise director and he did a marvelous job. It was Princess first world cruise after a 12 year hiatus from that market. We made friends that we still talk to and see today. Our second favorite cruise was the Norwegian coast on the Ocean Princess. The scenery was magnificent.

As others have said all have been great so far. The best of the bunch was November, 2013 Star Princess LA to Hawaii. Our first exposure to Elua, AND Dave Cole was CD, so lots of Aloha spirit on that cruise. :D

My best, family vacation last Christmas to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary. First time our family cruised with us, kids, grandkids, all 10 of us.

One I totally loved because it was also a one time thing, Princess, 50th anniv on the Love Boat (Pacific Princess) with the cast of the Love Boat on board.

The best itinerary cruise where we made life long friends via Cruise Critic, Diamond Princess 35 day Singapore to Vancouver. So unusual, outstanding ports, went from extreme heat, to snowing at sea. A close second was Star Princess San Francisco to Buenos Aires , 30 day cruise. Another incredible ports and fantastic scenery.

Now , we always look forward to the next cruise, and have always enjoyed from the simpliest , local cruising coastals, to the more exotics.

The 2011 Ruby T/A, coupled with the Med cruise before it were fantastic for the ports, the great group CC friends.....but to single that out as the best is not fair, as we have had so many memorable cruises. DH and I were married on the Grand in the Baltic in 2004, by Captain Andy Proctor, and some of our family joined us for that cruise, not to mention that the ports were also fantastic, and mom and dad celebrated their 50th with DH and I on the old Regal, transiting the Panama Canal, and on our first Panama Canal cruise (honeymoon) on the Coral, we met Rui, and were treated like family. We made lifetime friends on another Panama canal transit, and cruised with them all again. We cruised Alaska several times with family - outstanding, and Rui was the maître d' on the most recent two we did, even better. We've cruised with groups of friends, just the two of us, to great destinations, enjoyed seeing crew and officers we have gotten to know over the years. All these make for great cruises. Singling one out is so difficult. We have accumulated so many fantastic memories cruising.

:DWe loved our 2008 trip on the Royal Princess to the Amazon - Manaus to Fort Lauderdale. We visited ports we'd never been to, fell in love with the Royal, and met a wonderful couple from England. We visit with them whenever we are in England and have traveled with them since. No special occasion but definitely memorable!

That's a tough one. We've been lucky to have so many great experiences and fond memories. If I have to choose I'd say it would be the 26 day TA we did in 2012. Ft. Lauderdale to Venice. Everything about that trip was fantastic, from being upgraded to business class for free on the flight to FLL, the calm seas crossing to Gibraltar, the fantastic weather in the Med, visiting the pyramids in Giza, sailing into Venice and the great people we met. Every hour of every day was memorable.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There have been some remarkable cruises I've taken on Princess, but I have to say that the best overall experience was the first one: The original Island Princess from Southampton to Barcelona (featuring LeHavre, Lisbon, Tangier, Gibraltar, Cannes, Florence, and Rome). It was surreal being on the "Love Boat": the ship looked just like its twin sister did on television! The crew was fabulous, we had the privilege of having an officer host our dinner table each evening, my dinner companions were great fun, the atmosphere on board was wonderfully British and understated (I had only sailed NCL to that point -- yuck!) and the ports were all firsts for me at that time, so it was just one awesome shoreside experience after another. My photographs and memories of that voyage are highly prized.

That's a tough question. I'd probably say the first one, a 14 day Southern/Eastern Caribbean cruise in 2011, simply because it was all new to me. But then there was the TA on the Royal Princess in 2014, from Ft. Lauderdale to Copenhagen. I never dreamed I'd have the opportunity to visit any European countries, let alone 5....even if the visits were brief.

The 4 day Alaskan cruise in 2012 might have been short but it was fantastic. Looking back I can't say I've ever had a cruise I didn't enjoy at all...there's always something that makes them memorable.

Oh, what to choose?

First Cruise - mini suite on the Dawn 2004 Caribbean (Wife's birthday)

Australia and New Zealand - Sapphire Princess 2008 (25th Wedding anniversary)

Alaska land and Sea - Sapphire Princess 2012 (Another wife's Birthday)

The last two were amazing!

Russ

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...
My longest and best was in 2010 on the Sapphire Princess. It was 62 days round-trip from the US to Sydney Australia and back. With stops each way in Hawaii, Tahiti, and New Zealand.

We will be doing the LA to Sydney cruise for 28 days on the Golden Princess....any feedback or info you can share would be appreciated...only 2nd time on Princess, and also 28 days ???

Email.....mshilton@aol.com

My favorite is the October 2014 LA-HAWAII-SAMOAS-TAHITI-LA 28/29 day round trip on the Crown Princess. As we returned to LA we had an medical emergency turn around and headed for Nuku Hiva in the Marquesas Islands causing a 24 hour delay. Capt Lawes decision saved this crew members life! This did cause total chaos on the ship as we crossed the Pacific. Many factors contributed to it being my favorite. We had a fantastic roll call from the beginning, so we began the cruise already having many friends. Some are now forever friends. It was the whole package that just worked. We had a great captain & crew, The best entertainment team I have ever experienced, Makani e Hawaiian Ambassadors, the ports were great and so on and so on. I loved it so much I am repeating it this October on the Emerald. :)

We have been on many 20 plus day Princess cruises all over the world and loved them all but the one that surprised us and became our most memorable....so far, was our Star Princess South America (31 Days) December 2015 –January 2016 Los Angeles to Rio De Janeiro, Brazil cruise. The ports were awesome, the ship was very festive for Christmas and New Years, the weather magnificent, passengers were very diverse and going around Cape Horn will never be forgotten.....well done Princess!!!!