Cruise related TV Program on Monday

bee-ess

Dispatches on C4 Monday at 8PM

Secrets of Your Cruise

Tazeen Ahmad goes undercover to investigate the impact that some cruise ships could be having on the environment and public health, including pollution that some passengers could be exposed to.

If the trailer that I've seen is for the same programme, then it sounds as though the focus is going to be on cruising as a hazard to the environment. :(

It's certainly a hazzard to my wallet! Seriously though, it's a shame that programmes about cruises never really depict something like the P&O experience. As is the trend these days, the focus is usually on a few passengers who are either slightly odd, obsessive or the sorts that you wouldn't chose to share a holiday with. And the staff highlighted are usually over the top enthusiastic types or those who are trying to escape! This one does sound different but, again, will not paint cruising in a positive light, albeit for a different reason.

I think any objective assessment of cruising would show the negative impact it has on the environment, through pollution and the colossal waste of food and energy on board. However, we all turn a blind eye and choose to gloss over it.

Just watched it, 30 minutes I won't get back.

Apparently a FLIR (forward looking infrared camera) pointed at a funnel shows CO2, Sulpher and NOX emissions. Except it doesn't, it shows heat and of course exhaust gases are hot!

Just watched it, 30 minutes I won't get back.

Apparently a FLIR (forward looking infrared camera) pointed at a funnel shows CO2, Sulpher and NOX emissions. Except it doesn't, it shows heat and of course exhaust gases are hot!

That's the whole issue, talking incorrect facts to a select audience who don't know the difference.

I also found the section on grey water interesting. Look at this food waste and tea bags - yukk, but the concentrations are not correct. So why show it, its just scaremongering.

Try visiting the US, Slovakia and China for instance - the pollution is far worse.

I do agree with the MSC rubbish overboard - sack the lot of them.