Freedom OTS or Celebrity Equinox?

All,

My wife and I are looking for a cruise in January or February. We have narrowed it down to the Freedom or the Equinox. We are in our 30s and enjoy a relaxing vacation. We've taken a break from cruising for the past few years and have been doing AIs in Mexico but we'd like to get back on the Seas!

We like the relaxing and upscale atmosphere of Celebrity, but the entertainment on Freedom seems more lively. We aren't "partiers" but enjoy live music, comedy shows, and the like.

Anyone who's done both and can help would be appreciated. Out last cruise was on Carnival so we're looking for something a little different. Thanks!

All,

My wife and I are looking for a cruise in January or February. We have narrowed it down to the Freedom or the Equinox. We are in our 30s and enjoy a relaxing vacation. We've taken a break from cruising for the past few years and have been doing AIs in Mexico but we'd like to get back on the Seas!

We like the relaxing and upscale atmosphere of Celebrity, but the entertainment on Freedom seems more lively. We aren't "partiers" but enjoy live music, comedy shows, and the like.

Anyone who's done both and can help would be appreciated. Out last cruise was on Carnival so we're looking for something a little different. Thanks!

The Equinox is my choice. More upscale and depending on "perks" sale it's a good bang for the buck. That said FOS probably be cheaper, but not better[emoji12][emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Equinox is my choice. More upscale and depending on "perks" sale it's a good bang for the buck. That said FOS probably be cheaper, but not better[emoji12][emoji12]

That's what I was thinking too. I was worried I'd be bored at an AI resort but found it to be nice without the glitz and glam. I think the Equinox will be a similar experience!

If you're in your 30s, I think Freedom would be more your speed. Celebrity tends to be an older crowd, but it really depends on your itinerary.

The question you have to ask yourself is this. What do you consider your contemporaries? Not only does Celebrity appeal to a more mature audience, its activities are geared towards that. Do you like theme nights, parties, along with exciting activities such as rock climbing and ice skating? Then Freedom is for you. Do you like enrichment programs, wine tasting, lectures, discussions and such? Then Celebrity is more your speed.

Pricewise, I have found Celebrity to be slightly more expensive, but many times, Celebrity offers drink packages as a perk for booking, so the entire cruise cost may balance itself out.

Timing of your cruise as well as length of cruise can determine your passenger base. If you are going off peak times, then Celebrity will skew with a higher average age than Royal Caribbean.

My wife and I have done both ships, Equinox feb 2016 and Freedom feb 2017.

I'm 36 and my wife is 25. Both would pick Equinox over Freedom any day of the week.

The ship is A LOT better and the food is better. The downside is that the crowd is older (at least on our 11 nts cruise) and not that much happening on the ship. You could tell that the trivias, the music trivias and stuff like that are for an older crowd, I sucked big time :')

If you ask me I would say that the Freedom is a bit too loud and Equinox are a bit too slow.. But still, even thoe I have done 8 out of 10 cruises on Royal, I would pick Equinox.

Great! Both my wife and I "identify" with an older crowd. We enjoy wine and liquor tastings, seeing new ports, etc. we've never been much for loud parties and the like. Although she enjoys rock climbing, a break from the real world where we can relax is more important. I think Equinox is a winner. Just wanted to be sure! The question is: Aqua or Concierge class?

We have Navigator of the seas next week, and Equinox booked for May and chose an Aqua cabin. Seemed good value and people seem to love Blu restaurant that comes with it.

If booking Aqua maybe consider the front of ship where it sticks out, as possibly less shaded. Try maybe left side under Women's changing area on deck above, right side is under treadmills in Gym and some banging noises going on.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Forums mobile app

Sorry to say but we didn't like Navigator at all, Freedom is a lot better then Navigator.

We did 9nts on Navigator just before our 6nts on Freedom this February, the only ship/class that I disslike more then Navigator is Majesty. I have sailed on all classes except one, the Quantum class (and Empress).