Ocean view with picture window on Jade

Sue1260

Does any know if ocean view with picture window on Jade cabin for 2 on deck 5 will have a sofa in cabin? I have never sailed on the Jade and it's been while since I have sailed without being in balcony cabin. All the ocean view cabins shown on NFL website don't show sofa in cabin and if cabin sleeps 3 it seems like all the cabins have told down beds no sofa.

OV picture window staterooms on Jade & similar class ships, as a general rule, regardless of whether it sleep only 2, or 3 and even 4 - are the same size. The difference is whether it has an upper pullman (and/or trundle bed, stored under the main bed when not used or needed.)

With the floorplan or layout, there is insufficient space for a sofa. I don't recall ever reading and/or see report of a sofa for an OV, nor picture posted as such. Of course, I stand corrected if there are exceptions. I wouldn't count on the calling center's reservation agent to provide accurate info on a specific OV room for 2 with a sofa ... it would be a highly prized choice for everyone on CC.

Does any know if ocean view with picture window on Jade cabin for 2 on deck 5 will have a sofa in cabin? I have never sailed on the Jade and it's been while since I have sailed without being in balcony cabin. All the ocean view cabins shown on NFL website don't show sofa in cabin and if cabin sleeps 3 it seems like all the cabins have told down beds no sofa.

Definitely not, we were in such cabin for the April/May transatlantic. Any additional beds will indeed be fold down. Incidentally the standard balcony cabins have precisely the same indoor floor space as Oceanview (window), and will have the same additional bed profile. IMHO, the fold down is a better arrangement, as the cabin steward will pull down the bed each evening and return it each morning giving more floor space in the cabin....which you will need for 3 people.

My next post was taken from the NCL website, Jade ship, outside cabin, and you will see the 3rd bed profile!

Edited by hamrag

I have looked at every picture on NCL website and never saw a sofa. Just DH and me in cabin so no need for pull down bed so I choose cabin for 2. Sofa just makes room more comfortable to us if we return to room for quiet TV time or reading we don't have to lay in bed. As hamrag states same square footage so can't understand why there can't be few cabins with sofa. I'm sure it would be easier for family's with very small children that they don't feel comfortable with them in a high bunk. IMO it makes no sense.

I had a porthole on the Jade last year and did not have a sofa. We had 4 people -- the 2 beds, a trundle, and a pull out bed from the ceiling. What you see in the above picture is what you get. I believe mini suites have sofa's in them -- at least ours did on the Dawn/Breakaway IIRC.

I have looked at every picture on NCL website and never saw a sofa. Just DH and me in cabin so no need for pull down bed so I choose cabin for 2. Sofa just makes room more comfortable to us if we return to room for quiet TV time or reading we don't have to lay in bed. As hamrag states same square footage so can't understand why there can't be few cabins with sofa. I'm sure it would be easier for family's with very small children that they don't feel comfortable with them in a high bunk. IMO it makes no sense.

Put simply, the cabin is not spacious enough to enable a sofa!;)

As others reaffirmed, there is simply insufficient floor space for even a "single" sofa chair.

You can ask for help to turn the beds 90 degree sideway if that's better. This is how we've done it on the POA's Oceanview,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ds0erd3ljowsahz/DSC00141.JPG?dl=0

This is on the Gem, OV (porthole) with beddings for 3, had our beds moved against one side of the long wall - away from the pullman bed in the "up" position. Even if a kid-sized sofa chair can somehow fit in there - where do you "wish" to put your leg.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lzg5ym2jlgeh8gj/SDC10363.JPG?dl=0

One of the few old (former) NCL ships - the Crown in the 40,000 tonnage class was "roomy" enough to have a small round coffee table & two slim (single) sofa chair in the Oceanview staterooms - none of the newer ships in this category do, NOT even the "accessible" ones reserved for special needs.

Bring your own folding "Director's Chairs" and/or book a much higher category of staterooms if that's important to you. Happy sailing !

Thanks for pictures mking8288. This is first 10 day cruise for us and to move to balcony price jumps $1100 and just trying to be economical since DD is getting married a few months after this cruise

• 11 months later...

While the smaller ship, Norwegian Sun, with the same limited space, DOES have a little sofa (bed) to sit on! Stateroom 7013. We liked this quiet cabin, just off the atrium and the Champagne Bar (and close to elevators and stairs) so much, that we have booked 7012 for an upcoming cruise. GREAT for the 2 of us! :hearteyes:

34064668_10214812305914897_2144066997221064704_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=81bb525fca366d3ec32fb3f3b180b2bb&oe=5BBAC729

33995518_10214812306954923_3605056442861617152_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=ef0aaf33d966153db6a8fce7fb6fea6d&oe=5B84F28B

33994026_10214812307994949_8261835374469316608_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=011eb4aa95bd4ffccc5d4121d2f470dc&oe=5B793C2D

33993706_10214812308914972_5204251648255328256_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=bf628e7c316d322276bfa5d5d50fea15&oe=5BC4D4B9