FlightEase - worked great for me

doubleduty

I don't understand why you both can't at least get to the Flight Ease choice page. Do you both have a booking made directly with HAL? Do you have a HAL "login" username/password? You have to be able to see your booking on the HAL site to get to the Flight Ease booking page.

I currently have 5 cruises booked with 3 of them within 330 days. I've booked 2 of these 3 cruises directly via the HAL site and the remaining 3 cruises ( 1 within 330 days) via a PCC. I plan on calling HAL after the holiday to talk with someone in IT dept. REALLY looking forward to that :o.

I spoke with a supervisor at the Seabourn/HAL Flight Ease dept and was told that YES, if a cruise is booked you should be able to view flight options via the HAL site IF you booked directly with HAL. Does not matter if you used a PCC, Res agent or did it yourself on-line. If you have an active booking then Flight Ease "should" be available for viewing your flight options.

I was also told that Flight Dept is shared services by HAL and Seabourn and that HAL's site is always "a bit challenging":D.

I even provided my user name / password to the supervisor of Flight Ease so they could go into my account. She confirmed that "something was a miss"

I do have to say that the Flight Ease supervisor was the most patient person and offered numerous times to provide all flights that were available. I explained I really preferred to hen peck around myself.

She was a Seabourn PCC for 12 years before moving to the Flight Ease Dept.

Well, I tried to attach photos of my steps per TAD2005 request, but the images were too large and I can't figure out how to make them smaller, so I will again try to describe the steps: 1. Log In

2. In My Account, go to My Reservations

3.When you get to your booking, go to PURCHASE (Shorex,Indulgences, etc.)

4.Click on PURCHASE

5.You will see the WELCOME (your name) page . The first item is BOOK FLIGHTS AND TRAVEL . Select that one.

6. You should see PRE & POST-CRUISE TRAVEL. On the right side of the page are 3 boxes. Check FLIGHTS. Choose BEGIN.

7. You should see the FLIGHT EASE PAGE.

If this doesn't work, I guess "something is amiss" as mentioned in post #51 above. I think if they added "Flights and Hotels" to the PURCHASE list in step 3 it would end a lot of confusion.

Edited by PSR

Well, I tried to attach photos of my steps per TAD2005 request, but the images were too large and I can't figure out how to make them smaller, so I will again try to describe the steps: 1. Log In

2. In My Account, go to My Reservations

3.When you get to your booking, go to PURCHASE (Shorex,Indulgences, etc.)

4.Click on PURCHASE

5.You will see the WELCOME (your name) page . The first item is BOOK FLIGHTS AND TRAVEL . Select that one.

6. You should see PRE & POST-CRUISE TRAVEL. On the right side of the page are 3 boxes. Check FLIGHTS. Choose BEGIN.

7. You should see the FLIGHT EASE PAGE.

If this doesn't work, I guess "something is amiss" as mentioned in post #51 above. I think if they added "Flights and Hotels" to the PURCHASE list in step 3 it would end a lot of confusion.

I just did and you said and had no problems. We already have frequent flyer tickets but I wanted to try your way and it DOES work. I was using safari on an apple but would think it would work on all computers. Thank you. I also thought one had to call HAL so never bothered. I checked for the VOV cruise in August which is fully paid.

Well, I tried to attach photos of my steps per TAD2005 request, but the images were too large and I can't figure out how to make them smaller, so ....

I see the same problem when I post pictures from the main computer. Have to downsize locally without messing up the original photo (make a copy first). However, the IOS app called "Forums" running on iPhone/iPad offers to downsize the pics as part of the message upload process. I think it offers 2 or 3 different smaller sizes from which to select.

I just did and you said and had no problems. We already have frequent flyer tickets but I wanted to try your way and it DOES work. I was using safari on an apple but would think it would work on all computers. Thank you. I also thought one had to call HAL so never bothered. I checked for the VOV cruise in August which is fully paid.

I am so happy someone got it to work! I also use Safari.:D

I see the same problem when I post pictures from the main computer. Have to downsize locally without messing up the original photo (make a copy first). However, the IOS app called "Forums" running on iPhone/iPad offers to downsize the pics as part of the message upload process. I think it offers 2 or 3 different smaller sizes from which to select.

Thank you for the tip, but I am not real computer technology savvy, so you kind of lost me by the 3rd sentence (sorry). I did try to shrink the screen shots I made, but it didn't seem to make much difference. One shot I made was "accepted" for attachment, but it appeared to be the same (physical, but not bytes) size as 2 others that weren't??? :confused: Not sure how to adjust the bytes, nor use the app you mention when I am on my desktop in CC. I learned to type on a mechanical typewriter, if you get my gist....

We use a travel agent to book cruise, as we can sometimes get extra bennies (on board deposits, etc.). So when we do flights via HAL, the travel agent does them. She knows our preferred airline, and she generally calls with choices. So here are a few things to consider:

1. You don't have to pay for air until final cruise payment. Means you don't have to shell our for an airplane ticket at the time of reservation, as you would have to do if you made the res yourself.

2. You will get airline miles and any elite benefits entitle to. (baggage fees, upgrade potential, etc.)

3. You have flexibility to change right up until final payment, something you can't do if you buy the tickets directly.

4. If you are delayed and miss the cruise, HAL is responsible for getting you to the ship, even in the next port.

5. Your price will likely be lower than you can get on your own.

6. If the cruise should be cancelled before the final payment date, all funds will be refunded.