Fun 'not to miss' things on Indy

getting excited for my first RCCL cruise in Indy next week.

Have cruised other lines and I know there are things that we enjoyed that as newbies we might not have known about. For example on DCL if you go to the spa on the first day there is a raffle for spa services, and the Captains event gives free drinks.

Anything on Indy that a newbie should know to look out for?

Thanks!!

One of the best ways to discover stuff IMO is to search the forum for recent (or even not so recent) trip reviews and read as many as you can. You're likely to read about things you may not have been aware of that interest you.

Since you mentioned it, RCCL has day one spa raffles as well (I won my wife a massage once).

Enjoy your first RC experience (I'm sure you will)!

Not specific to the Independence but unless you only want quiet, relaxing stuff, you shouldn't miss "The Quest."

It's a staple on pretty much all RCCL ships and has been since my first cruise 15 years ago (no idea when it started). Think of it as a crazy, fun, loud, game show/scavenger hunt with audience participation. It should be held in Studio B (the ice rink) late one night.

Thanks for all the replies. Great info. I was already planning on Grease, the ice show and Quest based on things I have read here. Now I know to check out the spa on day one.

Are there "tastings"? I assume there are. Are they good?

Thanks for all the replies. Great info. I was already planning on Grease, the ice show and Quest based on things I have read here. Now I know to check out the spa on day one.

Are there "tastings"? I assume there are. Are they good?

If you are asking about wine tastings, I'd inquire at Vintages, deck 5, Royal Promenade.