Fairbanks restaurants

irishclover

Hi everyone! So we are flying in late to Fairbanks and most likely will be hungry for a late meal (10/11pmish). Any thoughts or recommendations? Also we will have an extra day there so any and all recommendations for food is welcomed. I did notice the Cookie Jar got some very good reviews. We will have a car. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

For late dining there's a place called Bobby's Downtown that's open until 1 AM. Most everything else closes by 10, maybe 11. Taco Bell's drive-thru is open 24 hours... ;p We did that after being gone on an all day road trip to Coldfoot when we got back about 12:30 AM. (I was there a month ago.) We ate dinner with a local friend one night at an Italian place called Geraldo's (College Rd.) that was pretty good. Fairbanks is the mecca for Thai food too. We had lunch at a downtown place (3rd Ave) called Bahn Thai that was good - VERY clean and busy - mostly locals.

Thank you both for your suggestions. Definitely will hit those spots. I did find it interesting that it seems like Fairbanks is asian food central. Even more interesting that its mainly thai food! Im 4 months pregnant and the smell of thai drove my morning sickness crazy but hopefully that has passed because i do miss me some good thai food!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

I meant to respond when the OP first asked her question, but ilife has been rather busy lately.

The closest restaurant to the airport is the Finish Line (located beside the La Quinta) with both the Princess Lodge and Pike's Waterfront very close as well. The OP will find that most restaurants will stop taking orders between 9 and 10 PM, but those with bars will serve bar food later. The OP may need to check the restaurant websites for details.

This is a poor suggestion, but I think that the Denny's on Airport Way is open 24 hours.