Info on Holland American Amsterdam Self-Service Laundry

geeks3

We just returned on June 19, 2017 from a 2-week trip on theAmsterdam. I couldn’t find any information about the laundry before I left so I thought I would pass on what we found. There are multiple machines in each of the laundromats. The cost is $2.00 in quarters for the washer which includes soap. The front desk can give you quarters. To be honest, I’m not sure exactly how the soap worked but I pressed the button multiple times until I could see soap in the water. The dryer is free. There are also irons in the laundry room which you can use. We only did laundry once but didn’t have any issue getting a machine. It was about 25 minutes for a normal cold wash and about 45 minutes for a medium temp dry. We took out “delicates” earlier than 45 minutes and socks/underwear did dry completely in 45 minutes.

Hi Geeks3,

Thank you so much for for taking the time to help us out! I hope you had a great holiday.

Do you know where the self serve laundry is located on the main deck if there is one there?

Nice to know that the dryers are free- might come in handy to throw damp clothes in for a few minutes if we have been out in the rain!

😀

• 5 weeks later...