RCL Newbie - Oasis Questions

The last time I sailed RCL was in 2004 (my Cruise Critic logon info was so old I couldn't remember it anymore) so I have a few questions. Please help this old-timer get back in the swing of things......

1) Does RCL let you bring on a case of water at embarkation?

2) Is the Main Dining Room open for lunch on embarkation day?

3) Is lobster & steak still free without an up-charge in the Main Dining Room on formal nights?

4) Are the specialty restaurants half-price the first night of sailing? (I thought I read this in a review but it may have been a one-time thing where they had a special offer.)

5) Is the food in the Cafe Promenade free?

6) How soon are the entertainment options available online to make reservations for the shows?

7) For those with late dining do you go to the shows before or after your dinner seating?

Thanks to all the Cruise Critics who are always so helpful in responding.

1. From what I have read on the forums it depends on the port, but so far we have been able bring water on in PC, PE, & Tampa
  2. Main dining room is not open for lunch on Embarkation
  3. Lobster is free on one of the formal nights. A small sirloin is available almost every night in the MDR and there's an up charge for the better cuts.
  4. Depends. Sometimes you can purchase the 1/2 price first night or 2 before boarding. Sometimes they still offer this on board.
  5. Not 100% sure, but I think Cafe Promenade has some free items and a few that you pay for.
  6. Shows become available to book around 90 days before sail date
  7. Usually late dining hits the show before dinner.

the last time i sailed rcl was in 2004 (my cruise critic logon info was so old i couldn't remember it anymore) so i have a few questions. Please help this old-timer get back in the swing of things......

1) does rcl let you bring on a case of water at embarkation? the rules say "no" but this is rarely enforced. Different situation during spring break.

2) is the main dining room open for lunch on embarkation day? no.

3) is lobster & steak still free without an up-charge in the main dining room on formal nights? one formal night, usually the second, usually has lobster tail on the menu, often as part of a larger entrée, such as the "fisherman's platter". Steak is available every night; your quality may vary. ;)

4) are the specialty restaurants half-price the first night of sailing? (i thought i read this in a review but it may have been a one-time thing where they had a special offer.) there are special offers, somewhat random. Check your cruise planner for things like "first night done right".

5) is the food in the cafe promenade free? yes, all of it.

6) how soon are the entertainment options available online to make reservations for the shows? really unpredictable sometimes 120 days before sailing, sometimes 90 days, sometimes a random number of days. Join your roll call - someone will always be monitoring and come and gleefully announce that bookings are open.

7) for those with late dining do you go to the shows before or after your dinner seating? your choice. Some performances have late start times; some do not.

thanks to all the cruise critics who are always so helpful in responding.

red