confirm my plan--from Southampton, to London, then LHR

flamomo

This is an interesting option. We would like to see Stonehenge and can't check in until 2 pm anyway. I agree these are sites we want to see anyway.

Do you have a link? I'll google them but it always nice to get the correct links from experienced users :)

Thanks

ML

I don't have a link for you, but Googling them is fine. But if you decide it appeals to you, I suggest you look at booking it thru the London Toolkit site, as I believe there is a bit of a discount. Also, it you're in senior citizen bracket, IF does offer a small discount. Someone recommended them to us and told us about the London Toolkit site. It has a wealth of info.

Yes, Sunday morning there will be few travellers (except for fellow cruisers!). Sunday night is very busy, but that won't affect you. As I said, your major worry on a Sunday is engineering works. Nearer your travel date, say from about 2 months before, start checking this page http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_disruptions/currentAndFuture.aspx .

If you are going to Waterloo, scroll down to South West Trains, if going to Victoria, scroll to Southern.

Simon

Thanks Simon, I have saved the link. We decided to stay at the Premier Inn Waterloo to be a little closer to the big touristy things. So, if we take the train should be quite easy to get to the hotel.

ML

I don't have a link for you, but Googling them is fine. But if you decide it appeals to you, I suggest you look at booking it thru the London Toolkit site, as I believe there is a bit of a discount. Also, it you're in senior citizen bracket, IF does offer a small discount. Someone recommended them to us and told us about the London Toolkit site. It has a wealth of info.

Thanks flamomo, I did google it right after I read your post and found them. Too soon to book for next year :). It seems a tad pricey but we would get to spend the day seeing things we wanted, so that helps a lot. Still not sure if we just take the train or do this, but I am leaning toward this tour. Have to see what DH wants to do!

I have a link to London toolkit, need to go check out all it has.

ML

Thanks flamomo, I did google it right after I read your post and found them. Too soon to book for next year :). It seems a tad pricey but we would get to spend the day seeing things we wanted, so that helps a lot. Still not sure if we just take the train or do this, but I am leaning toward this tour. Have to see what DH wants to do!

I have a link to London toolkit, need to go check out all it has.

ML

Initially I thought it was a bit pricey too, but the chance to see three places we were interested in, not have to mess with our luggage, and at the end of the ride, wind up at our hotel, was just too good to pass on. We were glad we had made that choice.

I know you'll have a great trip, whichever way you decide to go.

(BTW .... my first and middle initials are also ML! :D)

Initially I thought it was a bit pricey too, but the chance to see three places we were interested in, not have to mess with our luggage, and at the end of the ride, wind up at our hotel, was just too good to pass on. We were glad we had made that choice.

I know you'll have a great trip, whichever way you decide to go.

(BTW .... my first and middle initials are also ML! :D)

Yes, I completely agree, and this is a great use of time. We are so looking forward to this trip, I am very excited. I hope the 2019 itineraries cost more or aren't as good, then we will keep this booking :D

I thought I detected a connection with you ;)

Thanks for your help

ML