Teppanyaki cost on the Escape

TheGuv316

Hi All

Im Just wondering how much is the Teppanyaki on the escape. Has anyone been recently, I have read reviews online that state its $25 but they are trying to charge me $35.24 inc tip for each person.

I gave a feeling they are charging me more because im logging onto the Irish site (cant check the US one due to Geo Blocking) maybe its better to wait and book on board

Thanks

Simon

How are you getting the dollar price? In the U.K. the prices are all in pounds. I assumed yours would be in Euros.

It does look like something odd is happening with the dining prices though. In the past everything is usually converted at the same rate, set when you book. I can usually work out the dollar price of something by comparing it to this rate (which I get by looking at what they charge for OBC). If I do this for my upcoming cruise, it is giving some odd rates, including Teppenyaki costing $38.66 including tip.

Is this what you are seeing, or are you charged for things in dollars? Or are you just converting at the correct exchange rate?

Hi Keith

now that you mention it all prices before today for excursions etc where always in Euro. Today is 90 days out from the cruise so i was looking at booking dinners etc. this is my first time going NCL I booked thru my TA in Orlando as it was much cheaper than booking in Ireland.

That really annoys me that we have to pay more for the same cruise than a local makes no sense in a digital world. I recently priced a 33 night cruise on MSC was quoted $2400 for myself and the wife via MSC's US website but their Irish and UK website was coming in at €4500 FOR THE SAME CABIN ! ! ! ! ...my TA advised me that i would need a US card to book MSC I rang them to go ballistic at the price difference but got a stock reply of different markets have different costs. what a load of BULL €2000 difference for same cabin number because im European not American Pi**ed me right off esp coming from an European company

Hi All

Im Just wondering how much is the Teppanyaki on the escape. Has anyone been recently, I have read reviews online that state its $25 but they are trying to charge me $35.24 inc tip for each person. I gave a feeling they are charging me more because im logging onto the Irish site (cant check the US one due to Geo Blocking) maybe its better to wait and book on board. Thanks.Simon

The cost of Teppanyaki on the Escape is $35.24 plus 18% tax = $45.58.

Do not rely on reviews to get you current pricing. Use the NCL web site.

Do not rely on reviews to get you current pricing. Use the NCL web site.

When I originally started to reply, I was going to say the same thing, but I got distracted when I looked at my booking to check the current price, and forgot that the OPs pricing worked out fine.

That takes what I'm seeing on my booking off topic, but it is odd. It seems that NCL may have changed how they convert prices for restaurant reservations for European bookings. The price of the SDP still seems to be based on the usual exchange rates.

Escape-specific pricing on NCL website https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/escape/whats-on-board/specialty-dining

No, the $35.34 is INCLUDING the 18% GRATUITY. There is no tax.

$29.95 for the meal. (see dining guide PDF).

$5.39 18% gratuity.

Total: $35.34 which is what the OP is being charged.

Also, your math is wrong in your example anyway.

Escape-specific pricing on NCL website https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/escape/whats-on-board/specialty-dining

Teppanyaki

The sizzles and surprises never cease at our authentic Japanese Hibachi restaurant. Sit at a lively shared table as a skillful chef perfectly grills steak, seafood and chicken on a large steel grill.

• Price Per Person: $35.34 USD Adult

Note this on the bottom of the page:

Prices shown include an 18% gratuity and specialty service charge. Venues marked á la carte have items individually priced on the menu.

https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/escape/whats-on-board/Specialty-Dining

if a meal plan of 86.00 ( approx ) per person for 3 meals,, why not just pay that and have 3 meals in other resturants , than just pay 45.00 pp for 1 meal..Not sure if this a question or i'm not sure , however ????

. I recently priced a 33 night cruise on MSC was quoted $2400 for myself and the wife via MSC's US website
Out of curiosity, what were the dates of that cruise? I am assuming it's some kind of B2B or transatlantic. 1200 pp for 33 nights seems too good to be true. Thanks

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

if a meal plan of 86.00 ( approx ) per person for 3 meals,, why not just pay that and have 3 meals in other resturants , than just pay 45.00 pp for 1 meal..Not sure if this a question or i'm not sure , however ????

(Emphasis mine)

As stated in the three previous posts before yours, the price on Escape is the same as on the rest of the ships ($29.95 + 18% = $35.34), the $45 you also listed is incorrect as it has 18% gratuity added two times.

But in general, yes, 3-meal SDP is often the best choice money wise if one is interested about the restaurants they can use it in.