Suitcase questions..

jerrylop46

I don't know about that... I've never had a problem or seen anyone denied any particular size suitcase. It becomes an 'issue' if it can't fit through the security scanners for a carry on. Otherwise, you check it with the porters. As an overpacker, my husband and I bring a rolling garment bag, a rolling suiter and 2 rolling carryon bags. If I trusted the bag throwers, I mean HANDLERS I'd check all but one carryon size. The important thing is make sure that you can handle your own two(?) bags. Do they roll/push/pull with one hand? TEST it in the store and if it spins easily...good luggage.

Its been awhile since my last cruise..So 16 x 24 size for suitcases now on carnival cruises.. is this correct???

not really sure what you mean, carry on for aircraft? People bring huge suitcases. I can pack 2 weeks in a backpack, no kidding, love those packing tubes.

Its been awhile since my last cruise..So 16 x 24 size for suitcases now on carnival cruises.. is this correct???

"Each checked suit case and carry-on suit case should not weigh more than 50 pounds, and when lying flat, bags must not exceed 16 inches high by 24 inches wide (the length of the bag is not a factor). For security screening purposes and to avoid any delivery delay, all luggage should be unlocked."

This is straight from Carnivals website. So to answer your question, yes it's 16x24. But honestly I've never seen them turn away suitcases at the dock due to size and I've seen some pretty big ones. I prefer 2 smaller suitcases to one massive one. We used a really big one once and just about died every time we lifted it. :( You're allowed 2 suitcases each so why not do a medium sized one with a smaller one that slides over the mediums handles? Hope this helps. Happy cruising. :D

16x24 is correct as far as the Carnival requirements go. Remember. though, that these measurements are when the suitcase is laying flat. 24" is not the maximum height of the suitcase when standing (which is what is measured when you purchase luggage, e.g. 20", 22", 24", etc.).