Anyone have luck having an item returned that was deemed a sanitary risk?

We just got off Liberty of the Seas yesterday in Galveston and about 1.5 hours into our drive home our daughter realized she left her beloved "blankie" in her stateroom. We called immediately to RCCL since we got off really early and at that time it was only 10:30 ish. They said they would contact someone on the ship but we have not heard back. The customer service agent also said that since it was a blanket they would more than likely throw it away because of sanitary reasons. My husband begged them not to...since it was a "lovie" and not just a replaceable blanket.

Anyone have success getting back something they considered a "sanitary risk"?

I've had no luck getting items back that I left in the stateroom. In my case it was a pair of prescription glasses that would have been useless to anyone else. My feeling is that the stateroom attendants and helpers are so pressed for time that they just throw things out.

Considering the time constraints on turnaround day, I would not expect any special handling of items left in your stateroom on departure morning. I wish it was not that way, but the staff has so much to do with so little time, I understand it.

In defense of the customer service agent, it wasn't exactly up to them. I hope you get it back, but I wouldn't hold out hope. Rather than it being a 'sanitary' issue, I would say it's more of 'this clearly isn't of value and I don't have the time needed to sort it out'.

Honestly, most parents go through this. It's just one of those things that happens. They get over it eventually, I promise!

We forgot our garment bag on a cruise and they shipped it to our house (we had an identification tag on it with our name and address). We had no idea we even forgot it until it arrived at our house.

We forgot our garment bag on a cruise and they shipped it to our house (we had an identification tag on it with our name and address). We had no idea we even forgot it until it arrived at our house.

Thats great!.Unfortunately this is not the norm...

We just got off Liberty of the Seas yesterday in Galveston and about 1.5 hours into our drive home our daughter realized she left her beloved "blankie" in her stateroom. We called immediately to RCCL since we got off really early and at that time it was only 10:30 ish. They said they would contact someone on the ship but we have not heard back. The customer service agent also said that since it was a blanket they would more than likely throw it away because of sanitary reasons. My husband begged them not to...since it was a "lovie" and not just a replaceable blanket.

Anyone have success getting back something they considered a "sanitary risk"?

In all honesty, would say your chances are slim to none for that particular item, sorry.

It fell out of your wive's purse, but you knew EXACTLY where it was??? Please....

Yes, because we had it when we got down there, sat at our table where we sat at dinner and once we hit the cab realized it was gone. Her purse had fallen over in teh Dining Room. Black wallet, very small and black carpet. Hard concept to grasp I'm sure. They said it had been located when our TA called, but we never got it. Not a big deal, glad it is here though.

We have three identical blankies because my daughter is so attached to hers. I've been debating embroidering my phone number to it in case it's lost. I think I need to get on that. We lost a cherished doll that had been hand crocheted by a family friend in Puerto Rico last year and it still makes me sad to think back on it. My daughter, however, got over it within days.