Tips for planning & booking shows on Oasis?

This is my first time on a large ship & I'll admit that I'm feeling very overwhelmed at having to book my dates and times for shows. On all my previous cruises it has been the simple - you eat early you go to the show late format. Having to select which night to see which show at what time seems daunting to me.

How do you approach the process of planning out what to see when? How do you make sure you have time to see them all scheduling them around your meal times? How do you know how long the shows will be so that they finish up in time to make your 8 pm dinner (or when your 8 pm dinner will finish so you can see the late show)?

Any tips would be appreciate so I can relax and enjoy the planning process. I check the web-site daily to see if it's "time" to book them yet.

The one entertainment that is a must to reserve is the comedy club. It is a small venue and reservations go fast. Do this as soon as you are able to book entertainment. The times of each activity and the length is listed so you can see what will work with your dining time. Not all activities run every day. When you look at the cruise planner you will see which days and times to pick. I usually like to only book 1 thing each day. You will love the Oasis. It is my favorite ship.

This is my first time on a large ship & I'll admit that I'm feeling very overwhelmed at having to book my dates and times for shows. On all my previous cruises it has been the simple - you eat early you go to the show late format. Having to select which night to see which show at what time seems daunting to me.

How do you approach the process of planning out what to see when? How do you make sure you have time to see them all scheduling them around your meal times? How do you know how long the shows will be so that they finish up in time to make your 8 pm dinner (or when your 8 pm dinner will finish so you can see the late show)?

Any tips would be appreciate so I can relax and enjoy the planning process. I check the web-site daily to see if it's "time" to book them yet.

I would try to book the Aqua show as early in the week as possible...in case it has to be postponed due to winds or bad weather.

All other shows I just look at what day we might are in port and base that day's showtime on that. On sea days you can be more flexible with your times since you have all day.

To be able to enter a show 30 min before showtime is nice, but I don't think most have a problem getting a seat even without reservations.

So don't stress yourself about it....just enjoy your cruise!!

In addition to booking the aquatheater show early, I would also booked the comedian early. I've been told by crewmembers that the comedians can get kinda burnt out by the end of the cruise.

I am one of the few that could care less about the comedy show. I as a rule do not like comedians

I just booked our entertainment for Allure. Booked Mama Mia, the Aqua Show, Ice Show and Blue Planet. The rest of the week we will just see what type of headliners they have. Normally if the headliner is a comedian, we just pass and do something else.

But booking is easy, just go into Cruise Planner and see what dates what shows are offered and go from there.

Be sure to make good use of the My Calendar feature on the Cruise Planner. In addition to blocking off the time on the calendar for the shows where you have reservations, you can also add your dining reservations, activities, and even custom events where you get to put in the description of what you're doing at what time.

We're sailing next month on Oasis and have found the My Calendar feature to be very useful in planning out our days in advance. We'll have Voom on the ship, so we're going to be able to access the planner from our devices, but it would be just as easy to print out each day on the calendar with your planned activities/reservations and make copies to bring aboard.

First time needing to make reservations for shows when we sail on the Anthem of the Seas in Sept. I have reservations for the three shows already Do we have to check in at the venue, are seats guaranteed or do we still need to arrive early for best seating?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

First time needing to make reservations for shows when we sail on the Anthem of the Seas in Sept. I have reservations for the three shows already Do we have to check in at the venue, are seats guaranteed or do we still need to arrive early for best seating?

Reservations only get you in the venue, arrive early for the best choice of seats.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

As Bob said, arrive early to get your choice of seats. They will swipe your sea pass card as you enter. Don't forget to book the puzzle room.

Be sure to make good use of the My Calendar feature on the Cruise Planner. In addition to blocking off the time on the calendar for the shows where you have reservations, you can also add your dining reservations, activities, and even custom events where you get to put in the description of what you're doing at what time.

We're sailing next month on Oasis and have found the My Calendar feature to be very useful in planning out our days in advance. We'll have Voom on the ship, so we're going to be able to access the planner from our devices, but it would be just as easy to print out each day on the calendar with your planned activities/reservations and make copies to bring aboard.

Isn't the cruise planner editing feature of Royal IQ available for free, without the need for paid internet?

Isn't the cruise planner editing feature of Royal IQ available for free, without the need for paid internet?

Royal IQ does work without purchasing Voom. Oasis does not currently have the Royal IQ app. Only the Quantum class ships and Harmony currently have the Royal IQ app.

Planet X is not going to have access to his cruise planner on the ship either. You can no longer access your reservation on the Royal Caribbean website starting around 48 hours prior to your cruise.

Planet X is not going to have access to his cruise planner on the ship either. You can no longer access your reservation on the Royal Caribbean website starting around 48 hours prior to your cruise.

Wow, that's a bummer. Thanks for the heads up...guess we'll be printing out our My Calendar pages a few days before sailing! :cool:

Wow, that's a bummer. Thanks for the heads up...guess we'll be printing out our My Calendar pages a few days before sailing! :cool:

You will be able to look at your schedule on the interactive tv in your cabin. I would suggest printing your confirmations or your schedule prior to sailing just in case there is an error on the ship and it doesn't have all your reservations.

How early is early to get a decent seat? Are there any bad seats in the venues or is it that some are just closer to the stages?

It really depends on the venue and the show. For the Comedy Club, it is a very small venue and I would get there at least 30 minutes prior to show time. Don't take seats in the front row unless you want to be a target of the comedian.

For CATS, most will say close to and aisle and door to escape. I like CATS and found around 6 rows back and on an aisle to be a good choice. For the other shows in the theater, no big preference.

For the Ice Show, make sure you can see straight towards the front and are not too forward on a side. You want to be able to see the sand artist.

For aqua show, depends on if it is a day show or night show. We avoid the splash area for either but for a day show we sit farther back to get some of the shade, it gets hot out there. At night, we don't care, other than not the wet area.

I was able to book all of the entertainment for our upcoming cruise last night, but only one comedy show. Is there a way to book other shows or do we wait until we are on the ship? It gave me an "unavailable/one show per guest/per cruise" message.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was able to book all of the entertainment for our upcoming cruise last night, but only one comedy show. Is there a way to book other shows or do we wait until we are on the ship? It gave me an "unavailable/one show per guest/per cruise" message.

All of the comedy shows are the same two comedians doing largely the same material. The system will only let you reserve one of each type of show.

We keep it simple, book all the shows, and then we just eat around the times of the shows. Specialty, windjammer, room service,ck, etc., all stuff where you can eat at times that suit you. No mdr.

We book anytime dining. For choosing our entertainment schedule, I printed out the list, we chose what we wanted to see at what time. We marked them on the print out.

I tried booking them on line, but only the first one got booked. I called RCI and the lady I spoke to booked them for me. I was still able to get what I wanted except the time for the comedy show and we got it on another day. Keep your list and confirmations from RCI so you won't forget where you need to be when. I take a magnetic clip for the wall and put anything like this in the the clip so it doesn't get lost with all the papers they leave in your room.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Terre

• 2 weeks later...

I feel the same way! Overwhelmed! And I'm trying to coincide 3 families which is almost Impossible. For example when I choose dining for one cabin, the earliest dining time is 5:15. When I go into my profile to choose dining, my only choices are 5:00 or 5:30. I just want to make sure we can all have dinner together. There are 9 of us. Royal Caribbean has not been able to help me with this.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 months later...