T a 16 and 13 year old on Alaska cruise. Other kids? Activities?

robinlynn

• We are considering taking my two grandsons on an Alaskan cruise on the Solstice next year out of Seattle...they will be 12 and 16. The excursions sound great but I am concerned that their will other kids close in age and activities for them. It would be in June, so kids would be out from school.
  • I know RCL has rock walls, etc for kids, but the RC ship is over 20 years old, and we have been so happy on our three previous Solstice class cruises on Celebrity.
  • Any input would be most appreciated

Edited by robinlynn
error in posting

Celebrity does have a kid's club and you will usually find lots of families with kids on Alaska cruises. It is a fairly port intensive trip so I don't think kids will be bored. Yes, there is no rock climbing wall, no flow rider but there is still plenty to see and do on the few sea days.

• We are considering taking my two grandsons on an Alaskan cruise on the Solstice next year out of Seattle...they will be 12 and 16. The excursions sound great but I am concerned that their will other kids close in age and activities for them. It would be in June, so kids would be out from school.
  • I know RCL has rock walls, etc for kids, but the RC ship is over 20 years old, and we have been so happy on our three previous Solstice class cruises on Celebrity.
  • Any input would be most appreciated

Hi Robin!

Just came off Solstice two weeks ago. Overall awesome time with few hiccups.

If..... the youngins will appreciate nature, take them. If there isn't an admiration for trees/streams/glaciers... do not [emoji846]

~Bob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We often cruise with our teen boys, and find they pretty much enjoy the same things about Celebrity that we do (and I have taken them on RCL ships with all the 'toys' and they still prefer Celebrity!) They like the food, the pool, and the sports deck. In Ports I try to find excursions or experiences that will be interesting for them, like cycling, boat tour, we have hiked volcanos, etc. I am sure your grandkids would love Solstice, how lovely of you to take them!