Ship Attributes Only - Getaway or Escape? ship:

How similar is the Getaway to the Escape? Has anyone gone on the Escape more than once since it was built? Has the quality service maintained from its "new" status to now? How about the food?

We went on it within the first year and noticed in a very large way the relaxed feel of the crew. They seemed to be enjoying their jobs and happy - not overstressed and haggard like I'm seeing on some ships/lines these days as they make cutbacks. I wonder - was that just a situation that was bolstered by the ship being new and wanting to make a good impression or is it still up to par?

How about the Getaway. I notice it's not much older than the Escape and gets pretty good reviews - in fact 4.5 whereas the Escape is now at 4.0.

For those of you who have experience with both ships, please shout out with any and all good/bad/otherwise experiences. If you've been on the Escape or Getaway once or more than once, please put any information out there.

-Stephanie:ship::ship::ship::ship:

We have been on both and loved them!!! Very similar ships in layout. Already booked for the Getaway again. No complaints about either ship. We were on the Escape this past November and we were pleased in all areas. ❤

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

How similar is the Getaway to the Escape? Has anyone gone on the Escape more than once since it was built? Has the quality service maintained from its "new" status to now? How about the food?

Have sailed on the Escape 2 times, Getaway 2 times, Breakaway 3 times. The Escape is a Breakaway Plus class ship. The Getaway and Breakaway are Breakaway class ship. The Escape has 1 additional deck of rooms. Otherwise is similar to the Getwawy. The Escape, being the newest, has additional for-fee restaurants, 2 story ropes course, different bars, etc.

We went on it within the first year and noticed in a very large way the relaxed feel of the crew. They seemed to be enjoying their jobs and happy - not overstressed and haggard like I'm seeing on some ships/lines these days as they make cutbacks. I wonder - was that just a situation that was bolstered by the ship being new and wanting to make a good impression or is it still up to par?

It is just the crew. There is no conscious "make a good impression". Recently, we know of several excellent crew members that have been sent to the Joy in China. NCL continues to grow with a megaship a year. So there are a lot of new crew across the fleet.

How about the Getaway. I notice it's not much older than the Escape and gets pretty good reviews - in fact 4.5 whereas the Escape is now at 4.0.

Again, the ships are for the most part, are physically same. It is all about itinerary.

For those of you who have experience with both ships, please shout out with any and all good/bad/otherwise experiences. If you've been on the Escape or Getaway once or more than once, please put any information out there.

We sail NCL a lot. So the Escape is more interesting because it has new restaurants and activities that are not on other ships. If we never sailed NCL before, we would not notice and it would not be a discriminator.

-Stephanie:ship::ship::ship::ship:

Focus on the itinerary.

I much prefer the Getaway to the Escape. I felt that the Escape was just a later ship with no added benefits. I don't think NCL did a good job with the design of the Escape because while still a nice ship, it added nothing new from the Getaway and Breakaway. The only purposes was to make it a little bigger to add some extra rooms on the ship with no new or innovative technology or activities. I agree with he 4.5 ratting for the Getaway and 4.0 for Escape.

I have been on both more than once, and prefer the Escape for both the ship itself as well as the service... Nothing wrong with the Getaway, but the Escape just has that little extra wow factor. (Not to mention the District Brew House and Food Republic)

On the Escape 4 times and Getaway 3 times. Escape is just a newer improved Getaway. They added District Brew house and Food Republic. Both venues get rave revues. The only draw back is that they added more retail to the Escape so they reduced the Mojito bar to the point where is just a stop off, rather than a destination. Big difference for us, even though the cubic feet difference is small, is the balconies have increased in size enough you can actually sit on standard balcony comfortably pointed toward the the water, more like the older ships. We also like the Supper club, much better than Cirque shows. As far as the crew goes, Escape had the best of the best, since it was the newest ship. Now that the Joy is cruising, that has been deluded a bit, but the service is still really good.

I've been on Getaway once and Escape twice. We have Escape booked for a 3rd trip. I like the larger balconies on Escape, and what I view as better dining/bar options. The Escape seemed to have many more options for late night fun than the Getaway did. We also liked the 2 level ropes course vs. 1 level on Getaway, and we preferred Escape's water slides more.

I have been on the Getaway twice and returning to the Escape for my second trip in November. While both ships are similar, the one item on the Escape that clinched our return was the Craft Beer Bar! My husband absolutely loved this! Also,the Potbelly's restaurant (the Miami Potbelly, not the chain Deli!) had a to-die for dessert we ate EVERY NITE! For those reasons we are headed back!

Great info, sailing Escape on Sept 23rd. This will be our first NCL cruise, since we have done over 15 RCL cruises the last 4 being on the Allure. So we are very accustomed to the larger ships and realize that sometimes things may be a little slower with the larger amount of passengers. Looking forward to a new cruise experience with NCL. Hard part was making sure we stayed on a good deck, and we booked mini suite on 14th floor, fingers crossed

Just got off the Getaway in April. We chose that ship because we went on the sister ship the Breakaway the prior year and it was the best cruise experience ever. Unfortunately, we found the service was not as great on the Getaway. Very well could have been the end of the workers contracts for the year so they were ready to go home for their break, but I was shocked by some of the rude comments the staff said to me as well as what I overheard to other guests on the ship. I love to get to know the staff on any ships we sail on but we only had one notable waiter who stood out to us who reciprocated the feeling. Anyone could be having a bad day though so you never know! :)