Royal L102

ne1travel

We're excited. Just booked another Caribbean cruise in 2019 in L102 on the Royal. First time with the forward larger balconies and have heard good things about it.

And also booked with the drink package included.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We're excited. Just booked another Caribbean cruise in 2019 in L102 on the Royal. First time with the forward larger balconies and have heard good things about it.

And also booked with the drink package included.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Here is L101 from goprocruiser........

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2514333

In our opinion, these are the best cabins on Royal. We have been in L101 numerous times and love it! We've booked a cruise in 2019 on Royal and booked early to make sure we got that cabin. As of today, all of these forward cabins with the huge balconies are sold out. The price for these cabins is unbelievably low....slightly more than an oceanview and it is a DELUXE balcony cabin.

I really think that those of us who have sailed in these cabins should tell everyone that they are just awwwfull, terrribble, loud, tooooo big, very, very unpleasant and will never, ever sail in them again, especially at these low prices. So, all you lovely people who think that you can have my cabin on my cruise, forget about it! They stink, so don't book them;p

• 3 months later...

Haha. After reading about these cabins, I tried to book one, but had to settle for L103, which I think should still be sufficient. First time being in the very front of a cruise, but looking forward to the added space. I'm also curious though, are you allowed out there when at sea? How is the wind?

Haha. After reading about these cabins, I tried to book one, but had to settle for L103, which I think should still be sufficient. First time being in the very front of a cruise, but looking forward to the added space. I'm also curious though, are you allowed out there when at sea? How is the wind?

Wind isn’t bad at all. The only time i even paid attention was when we were pushing into a headwind and I was standing at the rail. The benefit of the slopes balcony wall is that it tends to angle the wind up toward the Sanctuary.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We find L101/102 the best value cabins on the Royal and Regal. We mostly book M107/108 and love it but you end up paying a premium for it.

As far the the forward facing cabins go, you either love it or hate it depending on how you relate to the wind issues.

Todd

I really think that those of us who have sailed in these cabins should tell everyone that they are just awwwfull, terrribble, loud, tooooo big, very, very unpleasant and will never, ever sail in them again, especially at these low prices. So, all you lovely people who think that you can have my cabin on my cruise, forget about it! They stink, so don't book them;p

Or Princess will hike the price on them like they did with aft facing balconies. ;)

We will be doing a New England/Canada cruise next year with disembarkation in Fort Lauderdale. We will be at sea some days tooling on down to Florida. Have mid, deck 12 mini at the moment. Looking at this thread is making me interested in L101 and L102. Might there be some motion problems out at sea that might be tricky or do you all still recommend these cabins no matter the itinerary? We will be on the Royal.

Pooh