debarkation day

newbie280106

I've read in a few places that on debarkation day all/some of the food stations and activites are closed and everyone is just waiting around for their colour. Is this true?

If I'm booking my own flight should I go for early (how early?) and rely on the cruiseline giving me an early slot or should I delay a bit and enjoy the ship?

The ship will give you disembarkation colors depending on the time that your flight times. You will need to be out of your cabin early, usually 8 a.m. or thereabouts. After you have eaten breakfast in the dining room, you will wait for your color in some public area of the ship. If your flight is a late one, we usually wait around until they say that all the passengers need to be off the ship. You will notice many scratch marks on the deck when you arrive on the ship from people who were dragged off screaming and kicking!:eek:

I don't know where you are sailing from, but I wouldn't book anything before 11:30 in the morning.

Have a great cruise!

Unless you're a risk taker, take a later flight. Most cruiselines offer some kind of refreshment while you wait to disembark.

You cannot guarantee that you will be the first to disembark, and you cannot guarantee that your ship will start disembarking on time. Lots of delays can occur such as passengers not paying their onboard accounts, non-US passengers not reporting to immigration/customs when supposed to, baggage delays, traffic, etc.

A good recommendation I've seen is not to book a flight until 4 hours after scheduled start of disembarkation, and allow for even more time in ports like Galveston, where the port is a far distance from the airport.

I've just spoken with RCI about my departure flight and they're saying the only flight they can find for me leaves at 11:30 am (the only flight without an extra charge).

I know that's early but hopefully not too early??

I'd hope that since I'm booking through them they'll make sure I make the flight.

Does that sound too early?

I've just spoken with RCI about my departure flight and they're saying the only flight they can find for me leaves at 11:30 am (the only flight without an extra charge).

I know that's early but hopefully not too early??

I'd hope that since I'm booking through them they'll make sure I make the flight.

Does that sound too early?

If they are booking it, I wouldn't worry. (I wouldn't worry if I were booking my own for 11:30.)

They do their best to be sure that all the passengers make their flights.

Let this stressor "be gone!" It will be fine.

(What is your port of departure?)

Sorry, the port is miami

If you aren't doing self disembark, make sure you are in one of the 1st 2 groups to get off the ship. When they assign groups if you aren't in one of the 1st 2, go to the purser's desk immediately and tell them you need to be in one of those 2 groups.

We have a long, 10-12 hour drive home. We go to the purser's desk and tell them this. They then give us the color tags that will be 1st called. They also ask about early flights so those people can get off 1st. Most ships also will let you get off before anyone IF you carry ALL your luggage off yourself!Couldn't believe getting off Carnival's Glory last month. Our tags were 1st called at 8AM! We didn't even have time for breakfast!

We don't have a flight to catch, but we are very type A and want to get to our next destination (Disneyworld) as soon as possible on the day of disembarking (is this a word?) Can we request to be in the first group? OR are there magic words we need to use? We are cruising with Costa.

Thanks!

Archived