Vista suite Marina

janecambridge

Is it true that the Vista suite balconies cannot be used on sea days as seats etc are tied down?

No, we could use our balconies but on most sea days it is too windy to enjoy them.

Is it true that the Vista suite balconies cannot be used on sea days as seats etc are tied down?

We only experienced the furniture to be tied down in high rough seas. The problem is that most of the time the ship is in motion it is too windy to sit out there.

Nothing that a pair of bloomers and an extra-large can of AquaNet can't solve.

Nothing that can solve the discomfort of being blown apart by the wind.

May or may not be true dependent on where the ship is sailing, what time of year it is , and how fast the ship is sailing.

imagejpg1_zpse1b7f5a7.jpg

On a transatlantic in October, probably yes, on a Caribbean sailing at that same time, probably no.

We've been on a VS twice on Marina for TAs and I don't recall there being a problem ... but maybe I wasn't looking to sit out there anyway. There may have been other activities available ...

I really did use our Oceania Suite deck on a TA from Barcelona to Rio a few years ago, but the OS is aft, not forward and I never had a problem.

I still would take another VS if the budget suited ...

Mura

I am hoping for the best myself. We took a last minute VS in the Med, but I don't think there will be time to sit out--only one sea day.

The other time is in the Caribbean with a lot of sea days...so hope for either an upgrade/upsell as I am the only one on the list or that the weather is O.K. in December.

If anyone can sooth my mind...please, please do so.

I am hoping for the best myself. We took a last minute VS in the Med, but I don't think there will be time to sit out--only one sea day.

The other time is in the Caribbean with a lot of sea days...so hope for either an upgrade/upsell as I am the only one on the list or that the weather is O.K. in December.

If anyone can sooth my mind...please, please do so.

A VS is great as long as you don't plan to spend a lot of time outdoors on sea days. Love the interior.

A couple we had met on-board Azamara Quest several years ago were in one of the forward-facing suites. They told us that when the ship was under way it was almost impossible to OPEN the balcony doors, much less go out and sit on the balcony! :(

See you in January, Pippa! :D

Donna