225 members have voted

1. 1. So, How old are you, anyway?

• 0-30
    • 31-40
    • 41-50
    • 51-60
    • 61-70
    • 70+

Now ladies, here's a helpful hint: if you are going to lie about your age, always tell people you are much older than you really are. For example, if you are 50, tell them you're 60-not 40. Folks will then think you are one foxy 60 year old babe instead of a horrid looking 40 year old:D

Okay, then. With all of that in mind, I'm 62, but I sure don't look it (probably because I'm 50)!:rolleyes:

"age is but a number, and mine is unlisted." I like the question about, if you didn't know how old you were, how old would you think you are ... I feel like I'm about 32. Some wisdom under the belt, but still TONS of optimism for a boundless future ... TR

43. REALLY! What do you mean you don't believe me.:mad:

There's a picture attached to my profile (yes, I give you permission to go see) and when my best friend saw it, he said "great photo! What did you use- vaseline on the lens?!?" ...Gee, haven't talked to him in a while....;)

Every time I think I'd rather be anther age, I compare the things I DIDN'T like about that age with the things I DO like about this one, and feel much better.:)

Andrew

Both hubbie and I are 59 (birthdays 5 days apart in 1946!). Next cruise will be to Eastern Carribean (01-02-06) with our adult children and their S.O.'s who will be cruising for the first time. This will be our 3rd cruise with Celebrity. Love the food, attention to detail and friendly staff. Looking forward to getting away during the winter. Have taken fall cruises to Bermuda and Alaska. First time in the Carribean. Can't wait!

I'm turning 50 in May and to celebrate my husband and I are going on Oceania's Nautica because I've always wanted to see Santorini. I mentioned this on the message board for the ship because I've decided that I'll be celebrating my big five oh with over 600 people and I know I've never had a birthday party for THAT many people in my life...at least so far!

I agree, the alternative isn't preferable--lots of cruises to go on, lots of love to share, lots of laughter to enjoy and lots new friends to meet!

I was born in the last century.

I know. 100% of the people reading this were, too. But I like it because it makes me sound absolutely ancient. (Respect your elders!)

But were you born in the 1st half or 2nd half of the last century? I am convinced the more mature crowd does not take advantage of the computer the way the babies do. If so the survey would show more of us participating. Either that or lots of people lie about their age. LOl

I was born in the last century.

I know. 100% of the people reading this were, too. But I like it because it makes me sound absolutely ancient. (Respect your elders!)

But were you born in the 1st half or 2nd half of the last century? I am convinced the more mature crowd does not take advantage of the computer the way the babies do. If so the survey would show more of us participating. Either that or lots of people lie about their age. LOl

I'll turn 49 on our Caribbean cruise in December, and 50 on next year's Panama Canal cruise. DH celebrated a birthday on our very first cruise in 1991, and he'll be celebrating a birthday again on our March anniversary cruise.

It's a lovely way to celebrate. And I've never been carded on a ship, which is a good thing. I still get carded about once a year (and this July I didn't have any ID on me :eek: ), but I honestly don't get it. Baby fat, perhaps?

The tough part is that my DH, who is younger than me, is assumed to be older because of his gorgeous silver hair. I've been mistaken for his daughter on more than one occasion. He corrects the situation by letting the offender know I'm his wife, but I'd really prefer it if he'd then add that I'm older than he is so they don't think he's a cradle-robber.

DS (aka "my brother" and DH's "grandson") is 19 and has been cruising with us since he was 11. He's looking forward to a cruise to celebrate his 21st birthday. Geez, in my day turning 21 was celebrated by a night out at a neighborhood bar being treated to any disgusting concoction your "friends" could think up....

Just came back from a sailing where a 90+ year old friend was dancing in the disco. I can only hope!

Happy sailing, Carla

Just celebrated the 27th anniversary of my 29th birthday. Or was it the 29th anniversary of my 27th birthday?:confused: :confused:

Gee, could it have been both? :confused:

This question is way too confusing...

Susan

[quote name='AstridSJ']I was born in the 1st half of the last century. DH in the 2nd half of the last century.

Astrid[/QUOTE]

So I am guessing you were born in 49 and him in 50 or something like that huh? I was born in 54 and my hubby was born in 59 so I "robbed the cradle" too.

[quote name='AstridSJ']momofmeg,

I guess I robbed the cradle worse than that. I was born in 1946 and DH in 1956:D :D

Astrid[/QUOTE]

Well if Paul Mc Cartney and Micahel Douglas can marry women 25 years younger-what is wrong with us being married to a man 5 or 10 years younger-at least we aren't old enough to be their mothers.

Archived