Inaugural Cruise Experience?

Nator72

Hi. Has anyone here been on an inaugural cruise? Perhaps the Escape in 2015?

I'm just wondering what types of events do they have? Are there events on the day of the cruise or a few days beforehand? How about events during the cruise?

We will be on the June 2 sailing of the Bliss and planning to fly in June 1. I'm wondering if we should get there a few days early so as to not miss out on any festivities.

Thank you for any experienced input.

I'm sad to inform you that's not the inaugural cruise. That is the inaugural cruise to Alaska. Bliss's inaugural cruise is a transatlantic leaving Southampton in late April of 2018. I was on the inaugural of the Escape and there was no pre cruise events. On the other hand, onboard the ship there were MANY special events. I hope this helps!

Many consider the "inaugural cruise" as the first voyage after the ship has been christened (since before that, it is a nameless vessel moving through the seas). Using this definition, we were on the inaugural voyage of the getaway and Escape. On those cruises (the day after the big public spectacle naming ceremonies), there was still little or no involvement with the passengers. Lots of VIPs on aboard and VIP visitors in each maiden port call.