5 night Dining Package-Scheduling Reservations in Advance?

I have purchased the 5 night Dining Package. It is my understanding that RC automatically selects our 1st night's specialty restaurant and time which I believe I can change once I get on the ship. Can I make reservations for other the nights through Cruise Planner or by phone with RC for other nights? We plan on eating in the MDR on the 2 Formal nights and in the Specialty Restaurants the other nights.

Thanks

Need to make it on board , did same package last 2 cruises had no problem getting restaurant and times we wanted

We had a different experience on navigator. The reservation was not made for our first two nights and they made us accept a really challenging time although we went to the specialty restaurant reservation desk as soon as we boarded. We were unable to get to two of the specialty restaurants at all at any time during the cruise and other reservation times were not conducive to getting to the shows etc. since this was our only experience of using dining packages, we were quite disappointed and wondered if it was an exception. Looking forward to seeing other people's points of view as we have chosen not to make such reservations on upcoming cruises. We have just booked what we wanted at full price but would love to use the packages once more.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had a different experience on navigator. The reservation was not made for our first two nights and they made us accept a really challenging time although we went to the specialty restaurant reservation desk as soon as we boarded. We were unable to get to two of the specialty restaurants at all at any time during the cruise and other reservation times were not conducive to getting to the shows etc. since this was our only experience of using dining packages, we were quite disappointed and wondered if it was an exception. Looking forward to seeing other people's points of view as we have chosen not to make such reservations on upcoming cruises. We have just booked what we wanted at full price but would love to use the packages once more.

That's a terrible experience but not one that we have had. We've bought the package for our last 4 cruises (Oasis class) and never had an issue in getting the restaurant or tine (with 1/2 hour) that we wanted once we boarded.

We were on Liberty and Brilliance, 1st night is the worst since on some ships Giovanni's had Mystery dinner and many people have perk of 50 percent off, we will be doing the 5 night Navigator in November

Well that stinks!!! Nothing like having a CRUISE PLANNER to not help you PLAN your dining! Funny that it lets me make a reservation if I in effect pay for the meal a 2nd time.

That is why the packages are offered at a discount. Those willing to pay full price get first selection of times.

That is why the packages are offered at a discount. Those willing to pay full price get first selection of times.

You still can get the times you want with discount , but discount is smaller than the one for 5 nights, Giovanni's was 21 if done with planner and 30 on ship, chops was 35 with planner and 39 on ship (Liberty)