Liquor questions

Granny DI

We are on a 14 day cruise on the Jade Hamburg Roundtrip. Since Hamburg is an EU country will duty free liquor be available to purchase onboard?

Second question: We want to buy special Scotch Whisky in Edinburgh. Will NCL take it from us and then return at the end of the cruise?

The problem with selling duty free onboard is if the ship doesn't leave the EU, the main example being the Epic in the Med. It isn't because the embarkation port happens to be in the EU (unless there is something else I'm unaware of specific to Hamburg for example).

Most cruises leaving EU countries have the duty free open.

You don't say where you are going, but if it's on the Jade for 14 days then I'm pretty sure you must be visiting Norway and maybe Iceland. Those ports should be enough to ensure duty free sales.

In answer to your second question, yes they will.

The problem with selling duty free onboard is if the ship doesn't leave the EU, the main example being the Epic in the Med. It isn't because the embarkation port happens to be in the EU (unless there is something else I'm unaware of specific to Hamburg for example).

Most cruises leaving EU countries have the duty free open.

You don't say where you are going, but if it's on the Jade for 14 days then I'm pretty sure you must be visiting Norway and maybe Iceland. Those ports should be enough to ensure duty free sales.

In answer to your second question, yes they will.

Thank you. We will be visiting Norway, Iceland and Scotland. My DH's special Scotch is only available in Scotland. No problem handing it over to NCL as long as we get it back at the end of the cruise.

Can you take a 6 pack of bottled water on NCL?

You cannot take any water on to an NCL ship. If you take a bottle off the ship in the morning you have to empty the bottle before boarding later or you will lose the bottle itself.