Guarantee Cabin Question

Hi Everybody

I'm sure this has been asked numerous times - This is the first time I've ever booked a guarantee cabin - when do you usually find out what has been allocated to you?

Do you normally have some notice or can it be as late as when I arrive at the port?

Thanks in advance

I was always assigned my cabin within a day or two. I thought it would be longer and they would give me an upgrade, but, not so. If I want an upgrade, I have to pay for it.......

Gwen [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I just booked a Balcony Guarantee about a month ago. It took mine roughly 3-5 days to show up in my account as being assigned a room. We were happily surprised when they put us in the Supreme Ocean View with Balcony, got it for right around the same as an Oceanview with NO balcony if I had picked my room

I booked a guarantee about 4 months before sailing, didn't get the assignment until 2 days before sailing. I searched and searched information about guarantee assignment as it was getting so close to our cruise. I found that the experience is very varied . . . .some people booked and got an assignment right away (even months before sailing), other not until a few days before and even some that got the assignment when they checked in. Seems there is no rhyme or reason to it. I drove myself crazy checking my booking constantly but it did add to the excitement.:D

In May 2017, I booked a guarantee for a December 2017cruise. I received the assignment a few days after booking and well befor final payment.

For prior cruises, I booked guarantees and my latest assignment was the day before sailing. I've never been assigned as late as at the pier.

In every case when I have booked a guarantee, I've had to go into the booking to see if there was a cabin assignment. There was no notification from Royal Caribbean for my travel agent.

M