MSC Sinfonia how is she?

GOLDENBONNY

Anyone had a cruise on Sinfonia this year? Checking on many possibilities to get Europe cruise next year . One option is Fantasia from Rome but we need 2 full weeks off work and off school which is kind of hard to do.

Option 2 is Sinfonia 5 nights or Poesia 7 nights from Venice. Really want to go back to Venice, been on Poesia before . Sinfonia time and ports look more interesting for us. Does she show her age? Is it same food as other ships? Pools are heated ? Any opinions will be appreciate.

We spent a total of 35 nights onboard Sinfonia last year. We did a 7 night East Med cruise, Aug/Sept, then a 24 night Venice-Durban repo, followed by a 4 night Durban-Durban, Oct/Nov.

For the 7 and 24 night cruises we were in an Aurea Suite. The dining experience - both the restaurant facilities and food offerings - were fantastic. The 4 night cruise was very different as MSC has a totally different approach when sailing from South Africa - Aurea doesn't exist there! Luckily we had decided to move to a Fantastica balcony cabin for the 4 night cruise; otherwise we would have been very unhappy paying Aurea prices without the benefits: e.g. no all-inclusive package and no special Aurea dining area for breakfast and lunch, which we had experienced on both the Med cruise and the repo.

We loved our time onboard. I had reservations about the size and age of the ship beforehand. Any worries I had were very much dispelled once onboard. It's a credit to MSC how well they look after their ships! We never felt like we were on an older vessel. The crew were wonderful, too.

I can't speak about the pools as I don't use them.

We spent a total of 35 nights onboard Sinfonia last year. We did a 7 night East Med cruise, Aug/Sept, then a 24 night Venice-Durban repo, followed by a 4 night Durban-Durban, Oct/Nov.

For the 7 and 24 night cruises we were in an Aurea Suite. The dining experience - both the restaurant facilities and food offerings - were fantastic. The 4 night cruise was very different as MSC has a totally different approach when sailing from South Africa - Aurea doesn't exist there! Luckily we had decided to move to a Fantastica balcony cabin for the 4 night cruise; otherwise we would have been very unhappy paying Aurea prices without the benefits: e.g. no all-inclusive package and no special Aurea dining area for breakfast and lunch, which we had experienced on both the Med cruise and the repo.

We loved our time onboard. I had reservations about the size and age of the ship beforehand. Any worries I had were very much dispelled once onboard. It's a credit to MSC how well they look after their ships! We never felt like we were on an older vessel. The crew were wonderful, too.

I can't speak about the pools as I don't use them.

THANK YOU. I guess I will think about it even more now. Really really want to go back to Venice ,this city got under my skin :hearteyes:

You're welcome, GB. And yes, there's something very special about Venice!

Well.. my dream of Venice will have to wait :rolleyes: We need to flight on Wed, but there is no direct flight from Toronto to Venice on Wed. :mad: I booked Divina out of Rome for now and will continue to dream to come back to Venice one day.