NCL Escape or Getaway

Glitch1928

Hi,

I'm looking at moving my RCI Liberty New Year cruise to NCL. I'm looking at the Escape Eastern or the Getaway Western. The bathroom set up on the Epic would not work for us, so that itinerary is out.

What should I be aware of as an NCL newbie? And of the two, which is your favorite and why? I love the looks of both and the huge variety of dining. It will be me, my mom, my 20 yo son and 14 yo daughter. Thinking two balcony or two mini suite.

I've cruised DCL, RCI and trying a short Carnival in Sept.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi,

I'm looking at moving my RCI Liberty New Year cruise to NCL. I'm looking at the Escape Eastern or the Getaway Western. The bathroom set up on the Epic would not work for us, so that itinerary is out.

What should I be aware of as an NCL newbie? And of the two, which is your favorite and why? I love the looks of both and the huge variety of dining. It will be me, my mom, my 20 yo son and 14 yo daughter. Thinking two balcony or two mini suite.

I've cruised DCL, RCI and trying a short Carnival in Sept.

I've been on both the Escape and the Getaway and find them both very similar. I think perhaps I liked the Getaway a bit better as it seemed less busy but I don't think you will be disappointed with either!

The big difference I found is with the itinerary and the number of sea days. I missed having that extra sea day while in the Getaway however, I would happily do either cruise again!

My precious experience cruising was with Disney. I found much more to do in the evenings on NCL. Good restaurants and great entertainment

We also get two balconies adjoining and it has worked out well for a family of 4

They're basically the same ship. And you can't go wrong with either one of them. Escape is a little bit bigger. The restaurants and bars are a bit different, but the overall ship layout is the same. That being said, Getaway is probably my favorite. I'm not really sure why, except for the general feel on board the ship. It has a different atmosphere than Escape. To me, anyway. In this case, I think I would go with Getaway in the western itinerary. Little French Key in Roatan is my favorite excursion anywhere. I find the eastern itinerary a little boring, but I do enjoy the extra sea day.

Up to this point we have only cruised DCL and NCL. We had Escape booked for this August, cancelled for a Carnvial Legend Alaska cruise. We've done Getaway twice, and just booked a Western for August 2018. We love DCL, but in terms of ships and experiences Getaway for us ranks only below the Fantasy. Love the ship, but as others have said Getaway and Escape are basically the same plan.

Pick your cruise by the itinerary you want. If both itineraries are equal, then go for the Escape.

We have sailed on the Escape twice, Getaway twice, Breakaway three times, and Epic seven times. We love all of the big ships.

On the Escape and Getaway, the balcony and minisuite rooms are exactly the same size. The difference in total sq footage is in the bathroom. You get a bigger bathroom in the minisuites. All other aspects are equal.

The Escape is slightly bigger (one extra deck of rooms) and has a few more fee-for-service restaurants. If you book either the Balcony or Minisuite, you will get a couple of Free-at-Sea promotions. You could opt for the 3 meal specialty dining plan and beverage plan for the 21+ passengers. Four meals in the MDR or other complimentary dining rooms.

You will be happy with either ship.

We have been on both, one time each. Yes, they are basically the same layout, but the Escape has my heart. The District Brewhouse, the top level on the ropes course, Food Republic. And there is just something about that ship that I love. ❤️ I'm back on her in 22 days and I can't wait. But both are great ships so you should decide which itinerary looks best to you!

Do a back to back - one on each lol. That would solve the problem!! Now that being said I have done both and both are similar but I prefer the escape. You would be fine with either. Maybe pick by itinerary

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I like the suggestions of both! [emoji6] I'm leaning to Escape for the itinerary. I like both itineraries, but I've not been to Tortola, so something new! Pricing is near identical on the two.

Like everyone has been saying they are very similar ships, though Escape has a few "extras". The District Brew House and Food Republic are both outstanding and only on the Escape. Also the standard balcony is larger, extra level of the ropes course and one extra water slide. We did however enjoy the Western itinerary more, but Eastern route is more relaxing and an extra day at sea.

You will enjoy both,

Coach Jim