First time cruising! Any tips? :) Carnival Inspiration!

Angel0512

Hello everyone!:D

Hope everyone is doing well during these hot days!

We just booked our first cruise with Carnival, and I just wanted some tips! Such as, if ship departs at 5:30pm, what time is the earliest they start letting people on board, any food/to do recommendations with a 4year old, etc. Any helpful info would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance ;)

Welcome to Cruise Critic. You can get lots of information and advice about Carnival and the Inspiration on the Carnival board here, under Cruise Lines A-O. I see that you have found your Roll Call, however short cruises often do not have very active roll calls. The earliest you can start checking in for your cruise is usually 1030am. However, Carnival has gone to a staggered checkin procedure whereby after you have completed your online checkin on their website, you can choose a time to arrive at the terminal. If you arrive before that time, which will be printed on your boarding pass, they will not allow you inside the terminal. Checking in is not the same as boarding. When you check in, you will be given a zone number to board, and you will have to wait until that zone is called to move onto the ship.

Your cabin will not be available to you until around 1:30pm, so anything that you carry on with you you will have to drag around until you can access your cabin.

The main dining room will have a children's menu, with typical kids things on it. But kids are also welcome to choose from the adult menu, or a combination of both. (As well, adults can order from the kids menu, especially the banana split...).

Even if you think your child might not want to participate in the kids club (Camp Ocean), take her to the orientation the evening you board, where they introduce the staff, and she can meet other kids.

there is also a Family Cruising board here, under Special Interest Cruising. EM

We've sailed the 3&4 day itins many times out of Long Beach, most recently in December and March.

Do the online Check in now and choose your check in time. As of now Long Beach isn't really following it but that can change at any time. Check in starts at 9:30, earliest time you can choose is 12:00. (That makes perfect sense, lol)

Boarding usually starts around 11:30.

We arrive around 11:30 and have minimal wait to board. Cabins aren't available until 1pm.

Parking is $19/24hours, they will charge you the extra hour if you go over. Keep you receipt out as you'll need it to exit the port area.

FTTF might be worth it if you're doing the Catalina itin. The tender line usually has little to no waiting around 11-11:30.

Catalina has a fun mini-golf course.

Ensenada just finished the Malecon, it has a very nice playground.

You can bring on cans (not bottles) of soda. Only commercially packaged foods can be brought off the ship. We'll usually bring off some cereal bars and hard candy.

Look on the Carnival, West Coast Departure, California Coastal, Mexican Riviera, and Family boards for more info.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Go to YouTube & search the name of your ship. SOMEONE has no doubt made a video of their trip and the ship, and you can get a real feel for what's in store! This is my favorite tip for new cruisers. That, and pack light!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I did my first cruise last month and it was so much fun! Be ready to get hooked. I already have cruise #2 booked for November [emoji41][emoji924][emoji267]. My best advice is to go with the flow, have patience when you need it, and just have fun!

Sent from my iPad using Forums