OSJ Hotels with a room safe?

TardisDance

I've been trying to find hotel rooms in OSJ area with in room safe. We are bringing tablets and other small electronic equipment with us. As much as I would like to stay at an independent hotel, a lot of the boutique type places don't list this an amenity. Yes, I know, OSJ is supposed to be a generally safe area, but it's still a foreign place to me, so I can't be all that trusting. So far, the top hotels on my list are El Convento and Sheraton OSJ. Are there any other places I should consider that do have a safe? I strictly want to be in OSJ since we are not renting a car and would like to be able to walk to the historic sites. Also, it's a big plus in my mind if a fridge is included (I know Sheraton charges a $10 per night fee). My DH and I like to store a couple cold drinks for the evening.

It's Celebrity in November so I believe it will be the Pan Am Pier. We are not beach people so we really don't have much interest in Condado. We really want to see the forts and other historical stuff plus nearby restaurants.

We found the Sheraton to be just fine with a great location...they have ice machines on each floor and we just filled up the ice bucket...kept our drinks cold enough and they also have an in-room safe. We also sailed from the Pan American pier onboard RCI Adventure...the pier is just a quick easy taxi ride.

We found the Sheraton to be just fine with a great location...they have ice machines on each floor and we just filled up the ice bucket...kept our drinks cold enough and they also have an in-room safe. We also sailed from the Pan American pier onboard RCI Adventure...the pier is just a quick easy taxi ride.

Do you remember how much the cab fare is from the Sheraton to the pier and how long the ride is? Thank you

Do you remember how much the cab fare is from the Sheraton to the pier and how long the ride is? Thank you

I believe approx $18.00 and no more than 10-15 min....Taxi's lined up right outside the Sheraton door..bell hop assist's and will even ask if you want to share a taxi and split the cost.

I believe approx $18.00 and no more than 10-15 min....Taxi's lined up right outside the Sheraton door..bell hop assist's and will even ask if you want to share a taxi and split the cost.

Thank you so much!