Platinum dinner question.

cruiseelady

How are you being punished? Other than a bottle of wine, you are still getting two dinners. Didn't the old program give you each one dinner for two at either LeBistro or LaCucina = 2 dinners and now you are getting one dinner for two at either LeBistro or Cagney's and one dinner for two at either LaCucina or Moderno = 2 dinners. You might lose a bottle of wine, but now you can go to Cagney's or Moderno if you wish, which I think is a big plus.

NCL has restricted the entree to 20 dollar items and allow one side. If the entree is over 20 dollars, the sides are not included.

Previously each platinum member received 2 dinners for 2. With 2 members in the cabin you netted 4 evenings in a specialty restaurant. This benefit used to be per latitude member not per cabin.

If I cruise with a cabin mate that is not platinum I get the same specialty dining benefits. The net effect is that with two platinums in a cabin, one person gets no specialty dining benefit. Your benefits are diluted when platinums cruise together.

If you previously got two platinum meals each then you were lucky. The old benefit was one meal for two per person, so a couple of platinum members in a room would get two meals for two. If there was just one platinum member in the room they used to get one meal for two.

Now, you get two meals for two whether there is just one or two of you in the room.

So, you are correct in saying that the benefit is the same whether there are one or two platinums in the cabin. You seem to view that as diluting the benefit when people are travelling together, but I see it as an increase in the benefit to solos. My wife and I still get the same number of platinum meals as we did with the old scheme, but we prefer the choices now.

If you previously got two platinum meals each then you were lucky. The old benefit was one meal for two per person, so a couple of platinum members in a room would get two meals for two. If there was just one platinum member in the room they used to get one meal for two.

Thank you. I thought I was going crazy with folks saying they each got two meals, when when the perk was one meal per person.

NCL has restricted the entree to 20 dollar items and allow one side. If the entree is over 20 dollars, the sides are not included.

We at at Cagneys over Labor Day and the items over $20 were the Bison for $21, shrimp linguini for $21, and the jumbo shrimp skewers for $25. At Le Bistro, the only item was a jumbo shrimp dish for $24.99. So the limit does not really keep you from most items on the menu.

We at at Cagneys over Labor Day and the items over $20 were the Bison for $21, shrimp linguini for $21, and the jumbo shrimp skewers for $25. At Le Bistro, the only item was a jumbo shrimp dish for $24.99. So the limit does not really keep you from most items on the menu.

Thanks for the info.

I see another "trick" by Del Rio and company to squeeze the Platinum benefits.

We just got off the sun on Monday an went to Cagney's we enjoyed our steaks and one side and a desert a bottle of wine. We left 10.00. can't wait to get on the jewel on Tuesday. Hitting Cagney's right away.

Sent from my A1R using Forums mobile app

On my December cruise, I'll be using one Platinum dinner and three SDP dinners at Cagney's. I love that they now make Cagney's a choice for a Platinum dinner.

Why are you not using both of your Platinum dinners + your 3 SDP?
I can only use one at Cagney's (only mentioned Cagney's in the post, because that was what the posters was posting about) and I'll use the other at LaCucina. Actually I've purchase 7 SDP, so I'll have all 9 dinners in the specialty restaurants (4 times Cagney's, 3 times Teppanyaki and 2 times LaCucina).

Can we make reservations for the two platinum meals ahead of time or do I have to wait until I'm on the ship
You can make them ahead of time (90 days out for non-suite and 100 days out for suite). Keep in mind that at the a la carte restaurants, you will not be charged anything up front (LeBistro, Cagney's and LaCucina), but at the fixed priced restaurant (Moderno), you will be charged the fixed price upfront, but will get that back as an OBC when you notify dining reservations that this will be your platinum dinner.

Sides not included? The small print on the Lattitudes page does not mention that.

Benefit entitles each guest to one appetizer, one entrée and one dessert of your choice. Entrée items up to $20 are covered. For items over this amount, an upcharge will be added to your onboard account.

Sides not included? The small print on the Lattitudes page does not mention that.

Benefit entitles each guest to one appetizer, one entrée and one dessert of your choice. Entrée items up to $20 are covered. For items over this amount, an upcharge will be added to your onboard account.

I read it in post # 18 near the bottom.

Well this is confusing.

On this page (Latitudes Specialty Dinner) it says:

Entrée items up to $20 are covered. For items over this amount, an upcharge will be added to your onboard account. Any entrée item under $20 includes one side. For any entrée item over $20, sides are at an additional cost. Entrée items Cote De Boeuf Pour Deux in Le Bistro, is a shared dish and will be treated as two entrées.

But, if you go to this page (Latitudes Perks), it says.

Okay, after reading these two - it looks like sides are an extra cost either way, or does it?

Well this is confusing.

On this page (Latitudes Specialty Dinner) it says:

Entrée items up to $20 are covered. For items over this amount, an upcharge will be added to your onboard account. Any entrée item under $20 includes one side. For any entrée item over $20, sides are at an additional cost. Entrée items Cote De Boeuf Pour Deux in Le Bistro, is a shared dish and will be treated as two entrées.

But, if you go to this page (Latitudes Perks), it says.

Okay, after reading these two - it looks like sides are an extra cost either way, or does it?

Beats me :confused: Another example of NCL's inability to communicate clearly. :mad: And to make matters worse..sometimes we get different answers from specialty restaurant staff...:(

Beats me :confused: Another example of NCL's inability to communicate clearly. :mad: And to make matters worse..sometimes we get different answers from specialty restaurant staff...:(

Oh, I am very sure if asked, there could be a half dozen different versions of this. LOL!

I could easily see situations where a server just gets a few sides for somebody and never charges. Oh well. We will manage just fine.

We have the two plat dinners and I think 4 SDP each so we will be fine.

Sides are included.

From the FAQ page on NCL...

I am traveling with other Platinum, Platinum Plus or Ambassador guests in the same stateroom? Do we each get a voucher?

No. If there are 2 Platinum, Platinum Plus or Ambassador members in one stateroom, only one Welcome Back Card will be delivered. This gives the correct number of Dinner for Two vouchers the guests are entitled to.

For 3rd and 4th Platinum, Platinum Plus or Ambassador members in the same stateroom, an additional Welcome Back Card will be delivered.

If there is only a 3rd Platinum, Platinum Plus or Ambassador member in the same stateroom, an additional Welcome Back Card will be delivered but this guest will be treated as a solo traveler who get one dinner only. The benefit is only if there are 2 guests dining on the same visit.

Today we got of of the Gem sailing to Canada / New England from NYC. Wife and I are both Platinum and the coupon previous posted in this thread was what we received. We used at Cagney's and Moderno. We were told the $25 entree' would cost us $5 (it did not); all sides were included. I asked the waiter if a service charge (tip) was included - I know, how gauche - and he said, "No." I believed him and tipped appropriately.

• 2 weeks later...

In the past, as a Platinum member, I rarely was charged for cappuccino in the dining rooms or specialty restaurants. This year, I'm noticing I'm being charged more often. I know it's not listed as a perk, and it's not a issue really since I usually have some OBC, but was wondering if anybody else experienced this.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Forums mobile app