After price adjustment, cabin "to be assigned" ?

hrwi

First timer so this may be a slam-dunk question.

I booked a cruise in May I think, and had an assigned cabin (Paradise U178 for reference). Just last week or so, I checked pricing and was able to score about $150 back (for us all, and prior to final payment so it was just cash in hand, woohoo).

Today I just checked in on my booking (as I am wont to do nearly every day) and saw my stateroom is "to be assigned". I've paid in full, as it was due last week. Does anyone have any insight into this? I've been doing it all online so don't have a PVP (but would get one if need be? I don't know).

From just the information you provided it is probable that you price-matched to a Guarantee Rate. That means Carnival will assign you any cabin within that rate group, i.e. interior, ocean view, balcony, etc.

Call Carnival for a definitive answer.

and if that is in fact what they did than the OP will not be eligible for any more price drops either since they are now past final payment date.

Bill

did you call to get this price drop or submit the form online? If you submitted the form you should have gotten denied since it was for a different category stateroom. My guess is you called and got an agent that didn't have a clue what you were doing. Ive had that happen to me before. One time I called to see if I could get the price drop on a new sale they were having. The new sale you got a 2 category upgrade. Agent said yes I get it and keep everything I had before. I had an onboard credit. After the agent booked me to the new upgraded cabin I lost my onboard credit. Needless to say Carnival had horrible customer service when I tried to fix it. I hope yours is better.

did you call to get this price drop or submit the form online? If you submitted the form you should have gotten denied since it was for a different category stateroom. My guess is you called and got an agent that didn't have a clue what you were doing. Ive had that happen to me before. One time I called to see if I could get the price drop on a new sale they were having. The new sale you got a 2 category upgrade. Agent said yes I get it and keep everything I had before. I had an onboard credit. After the agent booked me to the new upgraded cabin I lost my onboard credit. Needless to say Carnival had horrible customer service when I tried to fix it. I hope yours is better.

why would it be denied? You are allowed to price match to a gty 1 time if you initially booked an ES assigned cabin.

We won't know what really happened until the OP calls CCL though.

Bill

I submitted online, and used the Fare Viewer page. I was surprised by it all because within 24 hours, I had the approval email and credit to my account!

I'll go dig up the emails because to be honest it happened very quickly and smoothly. Which often can be not the best.