Liberty of the Seas Ports - Insect Repellant

I agree. I think I've seen about 3 mosquitoes in 25 years of cruising

I think I saw those same 3. Could have been small flies though. We have never even thought about insect repellent, but given the climate it is not a bad idea. We have just never taken it and never needed it. Now this thread has me thinking though.....

Please consider using something like Skedattle instead of a DEET product. When you swim, the bug spray contaminates the reef, just like non-biodegradable sunscreen does. Definitely not good for the coral or other marine life. We took Skedattle with us to Costa Rica on the advice of the tour operator and found it very effective in the rain forest and against those pesky sand fleas and no see ums.

I have seen them confiscate OFF and non-biodegradable sunscreens at Xel Xa. Even though the tour guide told everyone they were not permitted, some people think the rules don't apply to them.

We live in Texas and I am much more concerned about the mosquitoes here than I am in the Caribbean I know several people in my town who have contracted West Nile Virus in their own backyards. Two of them had a devil of a time with it and were in the hospital quite a while.