Cancelled Cruise?

A&Jfamily

Perhaps they are moving the Star to another area so that cruise is no longer going to happen. We had that happen to us, we were booked on a cruise to come from Vancouver to LA on Sapphire suddenly princess changed where it was going and now it went from Vancouver to San Francisco then off to Asia where she is now. Call Princess they should be able to tell you.

I booked the Star Mex Riv in December 2018. I can't find the cruise on the searches and on my profile, it says it has been cancelled. No notice.

Anyone have any idea what is going on?

We are booked on the Star for the 28 day Hawaii/South Pacific cruise 24 March 2019. When I went to the web site to do a search for Star sailings, it shows nothing from November 2018 onward. Our cruise still shows up in "My Princess" but when I tried to change bed configuration, it said "Locked". Not sure what's going on but it is a bit disconcerting.

Harry

We are booked on the Star Mexican Riviera Feb 2019. I received a call from Princess yesterday telling me that we would not be on the Star but on the Ruby instead. This was followed up with an email from Princess last night with additional information:

VOYAGE REDEPLOYMENT

Please be advised that due to deployment changes, your voyage will now sail on Ruby Princess rather than Star Princess. Ruby Princess features the same signature Princess amenities as Star Princess, including the Sanctuary, Lotus Spa, Movies Under the Stars, International Cafe, and Crown Grill. In addition, Ruby Princess has SHARE by Curtis Stone, a fine-dining experience featuring ultra-premium meats, seafood and more! For more information on Ruby Princess, visit http://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/ru-ruby-princess/.

You will be rebooked on the new voyage, and you will receive your new booking information no later than July 19, 2017. Your cruise fare and promotions have been protected, and your new booking will be in the same category type and located in the same area of the ship. Once you receive your new booking details, you can verify your cabin location using the deck plans available at http://www.princess.com/deckPlans.do?shipCode=RU. We look forward to welcoming you aboard Ruby Princess.

Thanks. Wish they had sent me an email. Does anyone know if the Caribe deck translates from one ship to another as we love that larger balcony?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There are larger Caribe balconies on the Ruby too. The Ruby is a bit larger than the Star (@ 500 more passengers) and similar in design. No Skywalker's of course but we love the Ruby and if we get our same cabin, we'll be happy.

Harry

There are larger Caribe balconies on the Ruby too. The Ruby is a bit larger than the Star (@ 500 more passengers) and similar in design. No Skywalker's of course but we love the Ruby and if we get our same cabin, we'll be happy.

Harry

The Ruby does have a Skywalker's, just not of the "shopping cart handle" design.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are booked on the Emerald for South America Jan 2019 and just received this email from Princess that we are now on the Star. Looks like Star is cruising South America!

VOYAGE REDEPLOYMENT

Please be advised that due to deployment changes, your voyage will now sail on Star Princess rather than Emerald Princess. Star Princess features the same signature Princess amenities as Emerald Princess, including the Sanctuary, Lotus Spa, Movies Under the Stars, International Cafe, and Crown Grill. In addition, Star Princess offers Sabatini s, a classic Italian trattoria at sea. For more information on Star Princess, please visit http://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/tp-star-princess/.

You will be rebooked on the new voyage, and you will receive your new booking information no later than July 19, 2017. Your cruise fare and promotions have been protected, and your new booking will be in the same category type and located in the same area of the ship. Once you receive your new booking details, you can verify your cabin location using the deck plans available at

www.princess.com/deckPlans.do?shipCode=TP. We look forward to welcoming you aboard Star Princess.

We also received redeployment emails for two cruises on the Ruby in April 2019. There is now a four day gap between our B2B cruises, and we're curious to find out where we will be going....:D.

When we booked, it DID seem like there were a lot of ships headed to Alaska in summer of 2019. Will be interesting to see where the Star goes instead. (ETA-Saw the above post after I posted...so the Star is doing SA and the Emerald is going...? It looks like Princess is playing a small game of musical ships in spring of 2019)

If you did not receive the email, perhaps your TA has just not yet forwarded it?

We also received redeployment emails for two cruises on the Ruby in April 2019. There is now a four day gap between our B2B cruises, and we're curious to find out where we will be going....:D.

When we booked, it DID seem like there were a lot of ships headed to Alaska in summer of 2019. Will be interesting to see where the Star goes instead. (ETA-Saw the above post after I posted...so the Star is doing SA and the Emerald is going...? It looks like Princess is playing a small game of musical ships in spring of 2019)

If you did not receive the email, perhaps your TA has just not yet forwarded it?

No TA - booked directly with Princess. So they dropped the ball because I know they have it - it's on my cruise personalizer....

I got the email late, late, last night, about the redeployment of the Star. Now switched to the Ruby. We are supposed to get "final" details on the cabin assignments by July 19.

I didn't get a call, I booked directly through Princess.

When I check on Princess' website about our specific cruise, its not there, so I guess their emails haven't got caught up with the bookings yet.

We are booked on the Emerald for South America Jan 2019 and just received this email from Princess that we are now on the Star. Looks like Star is cruising South America!

VOYAGE REDEPLOYMENT

Please be advised that due to deployment changes, your voyage will now sail on Star Princess rather than Emerald Princess. Star Princess features the same signature Princess amenities as Emerald Princess, including the Sanctuary, Lotus Spa, Movies Under the Stars, International Cafe, and Crown Grill. In addition, Star Princess offers Sabatini s, a classic Italian trattoria at sea. For more information on Star Princess, please visit http://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/tp-star-princess/.

You will be rebooked on the new voyage, and you will receive your new booking information no later than July 19, 2017. Your cruise fare and promotions have been protected, and your new booking will be in the same category type and located in the same area of the ship. Once you receive your new booking details, you can verify your cabin location using the deck plans available at

www.princess.com/deckPlans.do?shipCode=TP. We look forward to welcoming you aboard Star Princess.

Interesting. We are booked on the repo cruise from LA to Santiago on the Emerald this December. That voyage still shows in my personalizer. I wonder if we will be moved to the Star or stay on the Emerald? The voyage still shows up for sale when I search on the Emerald and it shows the subsequent continuing voyages around Cape Horn.

VOYAGE REDEPLOYMENT

We are on the Emerald -- What day is your cruise?

Looks like maybe Princess should cover your hotel costs for the 4 day gap, unless it occurs close to home....might be something to ask them about.

Interesting. We are booked on the repo cruise from LA to Santiago on the Emerald this December. That voyage still shows in my personalizer. I wonder if we will be moved to the Star or stay on the Emerald? The voyage still shows up for sale when I search on the Emerald and it shows the subsequent continuing voyages around Cape Horn.

We're booked for Jan 2019 and you're booked for "this December" 2017? if so your sailing isn't changing.

There is another thread on that.

And I would have found that how - as I believe the one you are referring to is entitled Ruby Princess? I have since discovered it once a poster was nice enough to share their email letting me know my Star cruise would now be on the Ruby.

We finally just got our emails from Princess.

Anyone know what they're doing with the cruises that were on hold and now past deposit date?? I got the email deployment notice on it and the one I have paid deposit on. I hope it doesn't just cancel out when they "unlock" them. I'm on the Star Mexican Riviera Nov. 24, 2018. Paid deposit on an inside Lido deck and put a hold on a balcony for the sip and sail because I wasn't sure which one I wanted to keep. Traveling solo, it's all about the money! But I'm leaning toward the balcony!

Linda

I received an e-mail from Princess about a redeployment on my Hawaii cruise on the Ruby in April 2019.

IMPORTANT NOTICESVOYAGE REDEPLOYMENT - APRIL 10, 2019 - RUBY PRINCESSPlease be advised that due to deployment changes, your 15-day Hawaiian Islands voyage on Ruby Princess will now begin on April 8, 2019rather than April 10, 2019. The deposit paid on this booking will be transferred to a new booking number (on voyage R915) by July 19, 2017 andyou will receive an updated booking confirmation. Your cruise fare and promotions have been protected. Should you decide to stay on this newsailing, you will receive an onboard credit of USD $15 per person (credit applies to first two guests on the booking). Should you have anyquestions or concerns, you may contact us at 1-800-774-6237 (North America), 0843 3740014 (United Kingdom), 13 24 88 (Australia), or 0800

They didn't cancel the cruise but changed the sail date by two days. When I look at Ruby's schedule in April 2019 there is nothing.