14 day BA Cruise! Easier or harder to do reservations!?

caddykid12

Maybe i have not been as clear in previous posts but im getting quite worked up over this :(

I am on the breakaway for 14 days with a group of 9 people

i was told by my TA and other reviews i read that I SHOULD PLAY IT SAFE and make MDR reservstions as a party of 9 just walkimg in may wait a while. Since i was bashed on that question that i may tie up tables if i dont show i wont do reservations

i hsve the Dining Package as well. Help me out on this. How am i supposed to know what time i should eat that WILL NOT CONFLICT with anything the day of in the freestyle daily. I dont want to hsve to miss a bingo/tournament/or whatever it is the night of my specialty dining and hsve the chance of then missing reservations for the upcomming days due to availibity in restaurants. I shouldn't have to sacrifice anything if u coin the word FREESTYLE

Same as shows. What if i book a late show on a sea day but also decide SPICE h2o has something i wanna do that night at 10pm...How do i decide what day to reserve a show!!!???!!!??? Whats the odds of me getting to see a show the day i wanna see it?? After knowing the schedule of events on the ship that day

Very hard to call it Freestyle if i may miss out on a show all together because i went to something else.

Hoping because its a 14 day cruise it might be easier as reservations can be spread out over a longer time but ive read nightmares of scheduling stories and seems to be more of a burden than a freestyle.

People who I have seen write you dont need any reservations for anything.. please explain such process to guarentee im not sacrificing a dinner or show due to sn event in the dailies

Usually freestyle means theres a show and dining always available to see when u want to and not have to miss anything with sacrifices or restrictions.

So id like all opinions please

thanks

Dont even wanna get into NEEDING to book comedy and cirque IN ADVANCE!!! Without knowing yet again if it will ir will not conflict with an event in the freestyle daily

:mad::mad::mad:

I would make the reservations to be safe - but let them know as early as possible if you need to cancel.

If you do not show up after 15 minutes, they will just break up the table to fit whomever is waiting.

If you do not make advance reservations, unless you get to the venue as soon as they open, or late, after their busy time, you will wait - and it will cause even great havoc for all.

I understand your frustration....especially if you are trying to make plans for 9 people.

But I would also offer these thoughts for consideration:

- You will not be able to do everything on the activity schedule, so decide if dining together is a priority for your group...or if you would like a more "freestyle" experience by dining when and where you want on your own (or in the buffet or other "non-main dining room" venues). You can't attend 2-3 activities at once at home, and the ship is no different.

- It's possible the other 8 people in your party may not want to be locked into reservations either. Is it possible to maybe pick 3-4 nights when you all eat together with reservations made, and then everyone can do their own thing on the other nights??

- You have a limited time period to eat a sit-down dinner every day - let's say from 5 to 9. That narrows down your hours of concern, and not much exciting will happen in those 4 hours around the ship anyway. If you want the LATE show, eat EARLY.....if you want the EARLY show, eat LATE.

- PRIORITIZE....if BINGO is more important to you than seeing the CIRQUE show, you can make that call during the cruise and change your reservations if they overlap.

GOOD LUCK...and ENJOY YOUR LONG CRUISE!!!

:)

Planning all this would be sooo much easier if we had copies of the Freestyle Dailys way ahead of time, so I understand your frustration. That said, I've always made my decisions about shows and dining by deciding when I wanted to eat. Not into eating late at night so we opt for early dinners (6:30 at the latest ) and the 8:30 shows. Specialty dining does require you to cancel your reservations ahead of time I think or you will be charged $$. Not for the MDR's but you should still cancel if you can't make it. I've never made reservations for the MDR....never had to wait that long but a large party of 9 might be different. Also, like someone said....is it really important the all 9 people eat at the same time every night of the cruise? Maybe pick nights that it's important and do your own thing the rest of the time.

See the following thread for answers: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2519103

Show and dining reservations open 90 days prior to cruise. Check out your show times. Book the Shows. Then schedule your dining around it. Dining reservations block 2 1/2 hours on your schedule.

Do not frivolously make reservations for 9 people when you know most won't show up. Don't tie up tables and seats in the very busy main dining rooms if you are not sure that your part is even interested in eating together (which is what you said in your other post).

I guess it makes better sence i do not see all 9 eating every night together. My grandmother is 85. She sleeps. My cousin and wife will be together maybe ad well. So true maybe make 2 MDR reservations 3 in speciality to use up the promo.

Whats the average wait time for 3-5 people just showing up at the MDR? If we went? And does taste savor and manhattan ALL SERVE THE SAME MENU?

What time are main theatre shows 730 and 930??

I guess it makes better sence i do not see all 9 eating every night together. My grandmother is 85. She sleeps. My cousin and wife will be together maybe ad well. So true maybe make 2 MDR reservations 3 in speciality to use up the promo.

Whats the average wait time for 3-5 people just showing up at the MDR? If we went? And does taste savor and manhattan ALL SERVE THE SAME MENU?

What time are main theatre shows 730 and 930??

The DAILIES I've seen for this year have the theater shows starting at 7 and 9.....or 7 and 9:30.

The Cirque Show was offered at 8 on a couple different nights.

Wait times can vary depending on the crowds. We like to eat early, so never had a problem.

I would plan for 10-15 minutes just to be safe!

According to the DAILIES, passengers can just show up at the Main Dining Rooms between 5 and 10PM.

Ways to make reservations once on the ship include:

- Walk up to any restaurant hostess podium

- Stop by the Restaurant Reservations Desk Deck 6 Midship

- Use any digital touchscreen

- Call Restaurant Reservations at EXT. 050

The Main DIning Rooms generally all serve the same menu each night.

Hope that helps!

:)