Seattle or Vancouver for Vancouver Cruise

djhsolara

When you're saying above, across the street or short walk...are you saying that you can walk to the cruise terminal? Are you able to walk directly into the cruise terminal from the street?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The terminal is below street level. As others have noted, one can access the cruise terminal from the Pan Pacific via elevator. The elevator (different elevator from the elevator to the rooms) takes you down to the terminal level and then you walk (I'm not great with distances) maybe 200 yards to the area when you would enter for security and immigration.

If you stay at another downtown hotel, just walk to Canada Place. If you stay at the Waterfront, there is an underground passageway from the Waterfront to the Pan Pacific/Convention Centre that can be used in inclement weather. You could then enter the Pan Pacific and take the same elevator down to the terminal level or you can walk to the right of the building where you can take a walkway/stairs down to the terminal level (I've never actually done it as I've always used the elevator in the PP).

I usually stay at the PP or the Waterfront (both can be very pricey but sometimes one can get a great deal). Bellmen at both hotels will pick up your luggage from your room (for a gratuity) and deliver them to the ship for you. You will need to be in your room when they pick it up because they'll have questions that you need to answer and they want to make sure you have your passport and other important documents with you and not in the luggage they're taking. We take a cab from the airport because of our needs but the Canada Line transit line is very close by if you want to economize that way. If you want to splurge, go for a harbour view room at the PP; it's simply spectacular and if you're up early, you can watch your ship sail in. I know the PP has had a cruise package which includes breakfast and late checkout; the Waterfront might have one.

https://www.panpacific.com/en/hotels-resorts/canada/vancouver.html If you look at the opening picture on the PP website, you'll see the cruise terminal with the ship in front of it (and the five sails on top). The building behind it (but attached) is the PP; the slightly shorter building to the left is the Fairmont Waterfront. You can't get much closer to the cruise terminal than these two hotels!

Pan Pacific's rates change frequently as demand increases or decreases. If you do book PP check rates frequently- at one point ours dropped by $200. I called and we were changed to the lower rate (same room type).

Very true (and probably true of most hotel rates). One other thing I recommend is to check out joining the hotel loyalty program as it has some perks that may be of value to you.

:cool: I would only take a cruise from Vancouver. Also would not stay on the waterfront go up on Robson, stop in Yaletown. Lots to do and it is an 9-14 dollar cab ride depending on where you are staying.