Wheelchair advice please!!

pkfamily

Hi,

Any help would be really appreciated - we are travelling as a group of 4 on P+O's Ventura to Palma, Athens, Rhodes, Mykonos, Katakolon and Gibraltar in mid August. My daughter (23) has recently been ill and now is a full-time wheelchair user. She has nerve damage so being jolted hurts her. Any advice as to what to do with a wheelchair for these ports would be really helpful! Also, any experience of Ventura with a wheelchair would be great too.

Two issues we ran into with my wife's wheelchair. Lack of curb cuts so lowering off curb can be jolting. And also the paving or lack of it in any of the older cities. Most have cobblestones that can have significant cracks and are very bumpy. My wife called it "the popcorn popper ride". If you can find a wheelchair to rent for the trip that has pneumatic tires (like bike tires) for the larger wheels it will help a lot. You might even be able to find just the wheels for purchase that an be retrofitted to the existing chair.