View from the LAST balcony on the side of the ship??

rgmacm

What is the view from the LAST Balcony on the SIDE of the ship...right beside that portion that juts out? (I'm not talking about the Aft balconies...this is on the side of the ship...) This particular ship I'm looking at is Star - B744 but I would assume all ships have this same configuration... We've been offered an upsell and I already have a call in to them...just waiting for a call back. I'd like to go into that call with information..... Would we be able to look 'back'...or only to the side??

another option would put us right below Horizon Court...I know they close at 11 pm...but does the noise continue after that?? Early morning probably won't be a problem as we'll be awake anyway...

I've tried to find the renmar website and all I get are plastic companies...healthcare products...wines.... WHAT is that website????

Help!! :) :) :)

Edited by rgmacm

What is the view from the LAST Balcony on the SIDE of the ship...right beside that portion that juts out? (I'm not talking about the Aft balconies...this is on the side of the ship...) This particular ship I'm looking at is Star - B744 but I would assume all ships have this same configuration... We've been offered an upsell and I already have a call in to them...just waiting for a call back. I'd like to go into that call with information..... Would we be able to look 'back'...or only to the side??

another option would put us right below Horizon Court...I know they close at 11 pm...but does the noise continue after that?? Early morning probably won't be a problem as we'll be awake anyway...

I've tried to find the renmar website and all I get are plastic companies...healthcare products...wines.... WHAT is that website????

Not all ships have the same configuration. I know the cabins you refer to that are on decks 8 & 9 have side and aft views but I do not know about the other decks. Do a Bing or Google search for pictures of the ship / or cabin.

Thank you for the website...! I'm bookmarking it from now on. haha!!

HOWEVER,....they don't have the correct deck plan according to the Princess website. They don't even SHOW a B744....their cabins end with B728.... little disheartening... hmm....

Will google it...... Shoulda known....always Google :) :) :)

Thank you for the website...! I'm bookmarking it from now on. haha!!

HOWEVER,....they don't have the correct deck plan according to the Princess website. They don't even SHOW a B744....their cabins end with B728.... little disheartening... hmm....

Will google it...... Shoulda known....always Google :) :) :)

That's because that site only shows obstructed views.

I did a google search and found this pic from a previous thread... it looks pretty hidden back so you wouldnt get a full ocean view looking out your slider (edit: room is second deck down, i think this is the room you are asking about).

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1572606

DSC01327.JPG

From looking at this picture - mini suites on decks 9 or 8 offer what you want - deck 9 is open balcony with no privacy - deck 8 is shaded with more privacy.

We are booked in that particular cabin on Caribe deck (huge balcony) and love it as we get the side view as well as some view out the back for less price. It will be our second time for that particular one. We had starboard last time and picked port this time. If the cabin you are looking at is on a different deck, that would probably be a different story.

We are also booked in the last cabin on Caribe deck in the Emerald and I'm so excited! I get nervous around edges of balconies so I'm glad to have found out about Caribes bigger balconies from other CC members!

From looking at this picture - mini suites on decks 9 or 8 offer what you want - deck 9 is open balcony with no privacy - deck 8 is shaded with more privacy.
That's my photo. This is the Golden but the Star would be the same. The Baja deck cabins have no view aft. The Caribe deck cabins have a 45 degree notch with a fairly decent view aft without standing at the railing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums