Galaxy/Eataly

Dundee12

in your honest opinion is galaxy or eataly restaurant worth the money? Is it a set menu does it ever change? Is it best to prepay? If I have a drinks package can I use it in these restaurants?

Thanks

If you want to eat at multiple restaurants you save decent money by buying the 2 or three restaurant packages. I only ate at one which was the Italian restaurant and it was great. Food was delicious. I ate scallops, tuna tartare, filet mignon, and a multilayer desert which I forgot the name of. It came out to $30 per person which I just used my on board credit for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We've eaten in Galaxy on a couple of occasions due to our Black Card status. They had a choice of set menus named after planets such as: Venus, Saturn with set prices and also á la carte items. We enjoyed the meals immensely. You can use your drinks package in the speciality restaurants.

Thanks, we have opportunity to book eataly for £18pp or galaxy for £14pp both offering 3 courses for this. Can you see menus anywhere beforehand? Which one has best view/interior, which restaurant offers scallops?

On Divina last year we ate at both. I cant give you allot of info on the menus because our package had a set menu. GALAXY was way better all around. Ate filets in both and Galaxy won hands down. View is much better in galaxy as well. It overlooks the pool area which is nice at night. Eataly is inside with no view except for the ugly plastic furniture.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Forums mobile app

We were recently on the Divina and, because of our Black Card status, got a complimentary meal in both restaurants. In both restaurants we were allowed to select an 1) appetizer or pasta, 2) an entrée and 3) a dessert..... there was no set menu as previously reported.

Both meals were quite good. The ambience in Eataly is very different.... plastic chairs and tables (but I guess it is a copy of a land-based restaurant of the same name). Food was very good. My wife claims she had one of the best steaks she'd ever eaten there.

Galaxy was nice also. The restaurant is VERY hard to find..... you will not stumble across it... you have to be hunting for it. The menus are on tablets (similar to an ipad). There is no reason for the menus to be on tablets. (This is the use of technology for technology's sake... no added value..... it might have been justifiable if you could touch the name of a dish and see a picture of it or something similar. ) Also, since the menu is only on these tablets, you cannot view it except when at your table. There is no copy of the menu available outside the restaurant or anywhere else. We sailed B2B and ate at Galaxy each week. On both occasions, it was just our table and one other table eating.... I know that specialty restaurants are supposed to be revenue generators for the cruise line but based on my experience, Galaxy took up a LOT of space and was doing relatively little business. If I recall correctly, there were 4 appetizers, 4 pastas, 4 entrees and 4 desserts on the menu. MSC needs to do something to promote the Galaxy a bit better. (having a menu available to view in advance might help :confused: ........ also, maybe some signage in the corridor or on the door of the restaurant indicating that it actually exists).

Hope this helps,

Brian

We were recently on the Divina and, because of our Black Card status, got a complimentary meal in both restaurants. In both restaurants we were allowed to select an 1) appetizer or pasta, 2) an entrée and 3) a dessert..... there was no set menu as previously reported.

Both meals were quite good. The ambience in Eataly is very different.... plastic chairs and tables (but I guess it is a copy of a land-based restaurant of the same name). Food was very good. My wife claims she had one of the best steaks she'd ever eaten there.

Galaxy was nice also. The restaurant is VERY hard to find..... you will not stumble across it... you have to be hunting for it. The menus are on tablets (similar to an ipad). There is no reason for the menus to be on tablets. (This is the use of technology for technology's sake... no added value..... it might have been justifiable if you could touch the name of a dish and see a picture of it or something similar. ) Also, since the menu is only on these tablets, you cannot view it except when at your table. There is no copy of the menu available outside the restaurant or anywhere else. We sailed B2B and ate at Galaxy each week. On both occasions, it was just our table and one other table eating.... I know that specialty restaurants are supposed to be revenue generators for the cruise line but based on my experience, Galaxy took up a LOT of space and was doing relatively little business. If I recall correctly, there were 4 appetizers, 4 pastas, 4 entrees and 4 desserts on the menu. MSC needs to do something to promote the Galaxy a bit better. (having a menu available to view in advance might help :confused: ........ also, maybe some signage in the corridor or on the door of the restaurant indicating that it actually exists).

Hope this helps,

Brian

I totally agree with everything you've said, Brian! We've dined in Galaxy on a number of occasions because of our Black Card status and it was practically empty each time, which lends for a very dull atmosphere. It is too out of the way to attract attention.

We would never choose Eataly as, although those tables and chairs were ridiculously expensive designer ones, they feel cheap and gaudy. The place is just unattractive and unappealing us; too bright and garish.