Port Vila on a Sunday

Hello happy cruisers!

I'm a little over excited as I've just booked our next cruise for next year :cool:. Unfortunately I've just noticed we dock in Vila on a Sunday morning.

This is one of the ports we've never been too and we're looking forward to a lot of exploring and shopping.

Can anyone tell me is being there on a Sunday is going to be a problem with shops closed etc? Also any tips on must sees/dos would be great.

Thanks for your help!!

Can anyone tell me is being there on a Sunday is going to be a problem with shops closed etc? Also any tips on must sees/dos would be great.

The touristy things like duty free will be open, the shops that cater to locals probably won't be. It will be a lot quieter than on a weekday.

You could go to church. I'm not suggesting you need to be religious, just that there is no better way of seeing the local people.

We docked at PV on Good Friday on our first cruise and every thing was open. A cruise ship means $$$ to the locals and lots of them. Enjoy your visit PV is an interesting port to visit.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

As Sinbad said, the shops and businesses catering to locals will be closed, but all the touristy ones will be open. There will probably be fewer market stalls, but there will be more than enough. The merchandise is rather repetitive.:)