Another FLL hotel question

missaud

I've gone thru almost all the threads to try and figure out what hotel to book a couple days before our cruise. My first thought was to stay at "Riverside" but now I'm leaning toward the Hilton Marina or the Hyatt. I want someplace on the trolley route and where we don't have to walk far to get the water taxi. And I can't figure out which hotel would give me that. Our cruise leaves out on a Monday so I thought we could watch the ships go out which would be fun. Can anybody give me an idea?

Hilton Marina gets very poor reviews lately. It is at a water taxi stop, but so is the Riverside. Embassy Suites seems to be a good all-around property. Renaissance is next to Hilton Marina, and a nice property, so you could always stay there and walk next door to the Hilton to grab the water taxi.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Renaissance on 17th St. I think the water taxi is right behind it. And its about 5 minutes to the ships the day of your cruise in a cab.

Water Taxi stop is near the Hilton toward the bridge, just under, we love the Renaissance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing wrong with the Hilton Marina. Most people fail to get a room in the Tower, and get a marina view or pool view room because they are cheaper. We have stayed in the tower with a intercoastal view, or a cruise ship view, and the rooms were 3 1/2- 4 star rooms. Much nicer than the Embassy Suites that i would rate a 2 1/2 star for the room it self. Water taxi stops just next door to this hotel. The marina rooms i have (read) have a musty smell to them.

Nothing wrong with the Hilton Marina. Most people fail to get a room in the Tower, and get a marina view or pool view room because they are cheaper. We have stayed in the tower with a intercoastal view, or a cruise ship view, and the rooms were 3 1/2- 4 star rooms. Much nicer than the Embassy Suites that i would rate a 2 1/2 star for the room it self. Water taxi stops just next door to this hotel. The marina rooms i have (read) have a musty smell to them.

Agreed! I've stayed at just about every hotel near the port over the years on business and my go to for the last couple years has been the Hilton Marina. Always get a south facing room in the Tower over looking the ships which as of my last stay in March has been completely renovated. Great Tiki bar with good food, good restaurants and all of 5 minutes to the port.

Thanks everybody! Is the trolley close to the Renaissance or Hilton?

Right across the street from the Renaissance by Walgreens. A five minute walk from the Hilton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk