Will MSC confiscate a bottle of wine at embarkation?

Morgsmom

Please, no flames from the folks who want to cite verbatim the "rules"... I get it. The rules also say no soda/water to be brought onboard but that doesn't seem to be an issue.

My question is has anyone brought at bottle on wine onboard at embarkation and had it taken??? (This would be at Port of Miami, if that matters.) I understand checking duty free spirits from ports of call, but am curious as to what really MIGHT happen in MIA if I am so brazen as to carry on a bottle (or 2) of my favorite wine which they don't sell onboard...

We bought a bottle of Drambuie in duty free, we fully expected to have this taken and stored until the end of our cruise. It was in our had luggage and we didn't try to hide it, nobody blinked an eye and we went straight through with it. So guess it's just your luck. If they do take the wine off you, you'll get it back at the end of your cruise

Please, no flames from the folks who want to cite verbatim the "rules"... I get it. The rules also say no soda/water to be brought onboard but that doesn't seem to be an issue.

My question is has anyone brought at bottle on wine onboard at embarkation and had it taken??? (This would be at Port of Miami, if that matters.) I understand checking duty free spirits from ports of call, but am curious as to what really MIGHT happen in MIA if I am so brazen as to carry on a bottle (or 2) of my favorite wine which they don't sell onboard...

The worst that can happen is they "keep it safe" for you until the end of the cruise

other than that you may get it on board unnoticed

yes I have had alcohol taken from me for safe keeping at embarkation in Barbados