Post cruise transfer from Seward to Anchorage

NovCruisin

Our cruise ends in Seward. We'd like to take the train to Anchorage and hop on a flight that same day.

My questions are:

1. What time does the train depart Seward? And how do we get from the cruise port to the train station?

2. I know it takes about 4.5 hours on the train, what's the earliest flight you all would safely recommend booking?

3. If we are stuck in Anchorage for a few hours before our flight, what would you recommend doing for the day?

Any other information would be much appreciated. This is our first Alaska cruise and I feel a little overwhelmed compared to previous cruises (where the port is next to the airport or we drive to the port).

the cruise-contracted train leaves Seward around 7am and stops at the airport.

The regularly scheduled train leaves 6pm arriving downtown Anc at 10:15pm.

https://www.alaskarailroad.com/ride-a-train/schedules

Red eye flights are very popular in Anchorage so plan on being at the airport 2 hrs prior to departure.

Besides the train, there's the Park Connection Bus and Seward Buslines, plus a few independent transfers.

A one -way rental car from HERTZ (the only vendor in seward) is pricey due to the drop off fee, but it gives you the ability to make stops along the way.

the cruise-contracted train leaves Seward around 7am and stops at the airport.

The regularly scheduled train leaves 6pm arriving downtown Anc at 10:15pm.

https://www.alaskarailroad.com/ride-a-train/schedules

Red eye flights are very popular in Anchorage so plan on being at the airport 2 hrs prior to departure.

Besides the train, there's the Park Connection Bus and Seward Buslines, plus a few independent transfers.

A one -way rental car from HERTZ (the only vendor in seward) is pricey due to the drop off fee, but it gives you the ability to make stops along the way.

How do you book the cruise contracted train? Is there a website for that or do I book it directly through Celebrity?