Cigars still allowed in the connoisseur club?

I will be cruising to Alaska on Explorer this September. This is my first cruise with Royal and I am trying to learn as much as possible regarding policies. I am getting some conflicting information from some sources and thought I would try a post here for some advice. I am wondering if the connoisseur club is still cigar friendly. Also, someone advised me that this area was only for diamond and higher status member use. I enjoy an occasional after dinner cigar, and am trying to do so in a comfortable environment. The wind and chilly areas on the open decks are not conducive to this experience. Any recent cruisers that can shed light on this would be greatly appreciated. And please do not hijack the thread into an anti-smoking rant. I am trying to be considerate to others, and not smoke where it is prohibited. Thanks ;)

As far as I know cigars are still allowed in the CC, after all that's what it was made for!

I agree ... as long as they keep that room for smoking. On at least one ship, it's been converted to another use.

I have seen the area has survived Explorer's recent dry-dock remodel. I assumed it would still be used as such. Also, is this area reserved for higher status members? This is my first cruise on Royal so no perks for me.

I have seen the area has survived Explorer's recent dry-dock remodel. I assumed it would still be used as such. Also, is this area reserved for higher status members? This is my first cruise on Royal so no perks for me.

The Connoisseur Club has always been available for all guests.

Whoops, my bad, Liberty does still have a CC. Thought there was another Voyager/Freedom ship that had theirs removed.

I think it's just a matter of time before they all go.

AFAIK, only Adventure has lost it's CC, so other that that right now you should be good to go on the Voyager and Freedom Classes. The other ships do allow cigar smoking, but, their facilities are primarily outdoors, and that can be problematic when the ship is in motion.

Enjoy your cruise.