Question on booking Med. cruise 2018

A Fjords cruise in the beginning of August will be highly recommended :D

And congrats on your upcoming silver wedding!

Sorry - I disagree. I thought a Fjords cruise in the beginning of August was ideal too until I went on one last year. It was the WORST weather ever. The boat got caught in storm after storm (and I don't usually complain about such things - but it was BAD) and the excursions were a mess or canceled because of the weather. We were told by the locals that June is better for the Fjords weather.

Sorry - I disagree. I thought a Fjords cruise in the beginning of August was ideal too until I went on one last year. It was the WORST weather ever. The boat got caught in storm after storm (and I don't usually complain about such things - but it was BAD) and the excursions were a mess or canceled because of the weather. We were told by the locals that June is better for the Fjords weather.

The fjords can have poor weather even from Spring to Autumn. However April to Sep are the months the weather is most likely to be better. That it wasn't the case for you doesn't change the weather stats, you were just unlucky, What the locals told you was just hearsay. Have to say the fjords to us are stunning whatever the weather.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes I agree with Dani... Aug 30 less kids and great weather.

Best of all stellar itinerary with overnight in Venice plus next day in Kotor. You will never ever forget those days... book it! :D

Thank you . I believe we will this weekend when we get on the Harmony so I can get reduced deposit. The over night in Venice is what has convinced my husband. We tried to do the Mediterranean two previous times but with Celebrity. It never worked out. So hopefully the third time is the charm. I am appreciating everyone's feed back.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

August 30 u should be OK! (kids back in school;p)

I've looked at the itinerary - u get to sail in and out Venice - priceless:D

That is what I am thinking. I noticed the prices are higher before that date and after. Hopefully the price will hold relatively steady until we get on Harmony this weekend .[emoji120]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My husband and I are thinking of booking a 12 night Med cruise on the Vision of the Seas. We were thinking of going the end of August, 2018 and was wondering about the weather and also, how far in advance do you start looking for flights? Could anyone give us any suggestions what a good price would be for airfare. We would be leaving from Philadelphia to Barcelona. Also, has anyone used Amex points to book their airfare.

Thank you for your help, it is very much appreciated.

I live in Florida, so I everything is cooler than here. I would have no problem going in August if it was convenient for you. Prior a cruise I search airline prices to get an idea of the top prices. For example, you are going in August, so look at prices in August 2017 to get an idea. Once you feel comfortable with those prices, than the fun begins. At 330 days prior your trip, and that is 330 days prior the "end date" of your trip, you can purchase tickets. Once you find your trip, go to Air2Sea, and use them. That's the fun, because they will quote you a cheaper price, and sometimes a much cheaper price than what you were expecting and you will be all smiles.

Have fun!

A Fjords cruise in the beginning of August will be highly recommended :D

And congrats on your upcoming silver wedding!

Thanks. Gonna start working on DW and see if I can get her to go for that instead.

The main reason we will make it to 25 years is by letting her sit in the drivers seat.:halo: :champagne-toast:

dp

Thanks. Gonna start working on DW and see if I can get her to go for that instead.

The main reason we will make it to 25 years is by letting her sit in the drivers seat.:halo: :champagne-toast:

dp

The Fjords offer fantastic views but the weather is unpredictable and ports are expensive and the tours uninspiring.

June or September in the Mediterranean offers lovely weather and lots of fantastic tours and things to see.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

The Fjords offer fantastic views but the weather is unpredictable and ports are expensive and the tours uninspiring.

June or September in the Mediterranean offers lovely weather and lots of fantastic tours and things to see.

We do plan on doing a MED cruise, but we are limited in the times we can go. In a few(Actually more than a few) years, my DW will be able to take days off during the school year and we try yo go in a better time of year than July and Aug.

dp

We do plan on doing a MED cruise, but we are limited in the times we can go. In a few(Actually more than a few) years, my DW will be able to take days off during the school year and we try yo go in a better time of year than July and Aug.

dp

The last few years we have done Allure 2015,

Harmony 2016.

Freedom 2017.

All departed Barcelona weekly for 7 nights from May to October.

First week July and last week August is the best from those dates.

The new Symphony of the seas is doing this sailing from

April through October 2018.

IMO the ports visited during the 7 nights are the best in the Med.

Good luck and happy sailing.

The last few years we have done Allure 2015,

Harmony 2016.

Freedom 2017.

All departed Barcelona weekly for 7 nights from May to October.

First week July and last week August is the best from those dates.

The new Symphony of the seas is doing this sailing from

April through October 2018.

IMO the ports visited during the 7 nights are the best in the Med.

Good luck and happy sailing.

Thank you for all the information. I'm gonna keep all this info in mind. We are waiting for the 2019 itineraries to open up. Only up until May 2019 is listed.

Thanks Everyone for all the info.(y):beer-toast:

dp