Solstice Deck 6 Balcony Cabins

Bourdieu

Thinking of booking a balcony cabin on Deck 6 of the Solstice. Category 2C and 2D are described as 'partially obstructed' and 'obstructed' respectively. I believe this is caused by the lifeboats that are located on Deck 5. Does anyone know how obstructed the view actually is on Deck 6 and should these cabins be avoided?

We were on deck7 7161 same problems

you can see straight out just not down for obstruction

for particle obstruction. on bump your view is 160 horizonal degrees instead of 180 degrees. I did not know I was in particle obstruction until I got home.

I would rate view problems as minor . I saw Venice and other ports with no problems.

On next 4 cruises I picked decks 8 and 9. The particle obstruction exists on all decks. But the veranda is larger than regular ones as a plus. Only been on Solstice class ships.

I was told that the 2D cabins are 50% obstructed and the 2C cabins are 30% obstructed. When I booked a 2C, I was told by a Celebrity representative that the view would be blocked as you look down to the sea, as the lifeboats on deck 5 will obstruct your view. When you choose a particular cabin be sure to call Celebrity to find out what is below your stateroom and where the obstruction can be expected before you complete your booking.

On 2d balconies the lifeboat comes up to the top of the railing level, so you can't see out when sitting down. On 2c balconies the lifeboat top is level with the floor of your balcony, so no problem looking out, but as others have said, you can't look down. From 6290 back, the partial obstruction is the roof of the restaurant on deck 5, but the balconies are bigger so it's a good trade off for the price paid

If you Google photos of 2c and 2d balconies, you'll see what I mean (I'm on my tablet so can't put a link)

On 2d balconies the lifeboat comes up to the top of the railing level, so you can't see out when sitting down. On 2c balconies the lifeboat top is level with the floor of your balcony, so no problem looking out, but as others have said, you can't look down. From 6290 back, the partial obstruction is the roof of the restaurant on deck 5, but the balconies are bigger so it's a good trade off for the price paid

If you Google photos of 2c and 2d balconies, you'll see what I mean (I'm on my tablet so can't put a link)

This is accurate. We've never been bothered by the obstruction in either category but do prefer the cabins in 2C.

Deck 6

We have sailed in 6122 on the Eclipse a 2B on the jut out (standard-size veranda) with no obstruction, 2C 6240 on the Solstice which has the super large veranda and a minimal obstruction with the tiny boat below, 2D 6202 which had a clear view between stanchions holding the larger lifeboats aka tenders. I love those centrally located cabins and was not bothered by the obstructions. We will be in 6294 a 2C as we sail on the October Eclipse TA. 6294 is one of 8 cabins at the stern on the ship starboard (there are 8 portside as well) that have larger verandas over the dining venues which are considered partially obstructed due to no direct view downward- but keep in mind that the Sky Suites and Sunset Verandas on Deck 6 have that very same obstruction!

We were on deck 6 (6183) and had the partially obstructed view. Only obstruction was looking down. The thing that bothered me the most was that those damn boats were in the majority of the pictures I took, even after cropping! Will NEVER get a partially obstructed view again!!

One other thing to consider that I had not thought about. In April we booked a partially obstructed cabin on Deck 6 on the Eclipse that ended up directly above the smoking area on Deck 5. It would have been impossible for me to sit out there. After the first day I stopped at Guest Relations to say that I would not have booked that cabin had I been aware of the smoking area. To their credit, they were able to move us to a higher deck in a concierge level cabin. So it worked out fine, but I would be careful next time.