Booking reservations on line/ SDP/Two Cabins - the most frustrating cruise experience

dustball

I am not a complainer by nature. I am a planner when I cruise. I have never had more difficulties cruising, then trying to book 2 reservations with the SDP in 2 CABINS. As you can't do this on line, I called and spoke with three different customer service reps, a supervisor and now I am having to call the supervisor's supervisor on Mon. I have received 23 emails from them since Thurs. (I am not sure why so many emails, duplicate and triplicate)

All I have tried to do is to book 3 dining reservations using SDP (2 cabins/ 4 people): Ocean Bleu (up charge X4) Le Bistro and Cagney's. Then 2 for Cirque paying for it.

I have never been more frustrated in my life. As each reservation is changed (back and forth between rooms), reservations have been lost, times have been changed. Charges are wrong or unexplained. (I have heard a lot of "why did they do that?") I feel like I am speaking another language. Part of the problem is that you can't make a reservation for 4 with 2 cabins and the SDP in advance.

Honestly, I have very little faith left in dealing with the customer services reps that you get on the phone. I am hoping that the supervisor of the supervisor can just get this resolved.

I am writing this post in the hopes that NCL might see it (and yes, I am emailing them) and I am also writing this to see if anyone else has had this issue with dining reservations in advance with the SDP and 2 cabins. (To add additional issues, we booked this cruise last minute and we are 2 weeks from sailing)

Please wish me luck. I don't want anything for free. I don't want an upgrade, I just want the correct reservations made before I board. .......I think that I may be returning to RCCL and Celebrity. I haven't sailed NCL in 3 years. Boy have things changed!!

Edited by dustball

Since Le Bistro, Cagney's and Ocean Blue are all a la carte, no payment is required when booking the reservation online.

Just book a single reservation at each restaurant for 4 under one cabin. It will sort itself out on the ship when your party shows up. They will take ship cards from each individual and charge the SDP appropriately.

I am a planner too [emoji4]

You are making this too difficult for yourself [emoji4] Just book online the dinner reservations under one reservation code (cabin) for the total amount of people you wish and you are all set [emoji4] No prepayment required on any of the restaurant you mention and as you go to the restaurant explain which people belong to which cabin [emoji4]

People do this all the time and it is the right way to do it so bo worries.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The issue is paying full price for Cirque for 2 ahead of time (when you have the SDP).... Also, I now have a mess of charges and reservations that I have to clear up. I had asked the supervisor if we couldn't just credit all the charges and start over. (After a frustrating conversation with her, I will be trying the supervisor's supervisor on Mon) Unfortunately, we are very close to the cruise so there aren't many advance reservations left. I may be taking my chances with no reservations in advance on a big ship on a busy sailing. A planner's nightmare.... Thanks for the advise.

I am a planner too [emoji4]

You are making this too difficult for yourself [emoji4] Just book online the dinner reservations under one reservation code (cabin) for the total amount of people you wish and you are all set [emoji4] No prepayment required on any of the restaurant you mention and as you go to the restaurant explain which people belong to which cabin [emoji4]

People do this all the time and it is the right way to do it so bo worries.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I believe that there is prepayment required for the upcharge for Ocean Bleu and for the full payment for Cirque for 2...if you make reservations in advance. That is what the online booking said and that is what the CS reps did over the phone.... now I have a mess of charges and reservations that aren't correct to clean up....

We have the Specialty Dining Package (SDP)(that is what is messing everything up)

All I have tried to do is to book 3 dining reservations using SDP (2 cabins/ 4 people): Ocean Bleu (up charge X4) Le Bistro and Cagney's. Then 2 for Cirque paying for it.

For future reference, this is how I'd do it.

You book Ocean Blue, Le Bistro and Cagneys for 4. There is no prepayment required for Le Bistro and Cagneys. As you have the SDP, the system should assume everyone else does and just charge you the uncharge for Ocean Blue (x4).

You then book Cirque for two. You have to state who this will be for, as it's treated as entertainment. As you have used the SDP it should charge you the full price. If it doesn't then just pay the uncharge and sort it out onboard.

Calling NCL will have confused this hugely, I'm sure.

Edited by KeithJenner